TTORA Forum banner

101 - 120 of 138 Posts

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Sounds good, Chris. So what dates in Aug?
I think Dusy is still my favorite trail of all.

Especially when Fordye seems to have gone by the by, damnit. I was hoping to run Fordyce this year when I know high water can't be a issue since there's no water to have an issue with. I won't bitch if it rains and snows this winter though, we need it bad.

Speaking of rain, know anything about fire restrictions on Dusy? Since we've had some rain in that area lately they may be allowed at altitude.
I have Aug 20-27 to play with. Heading to the trailhead on the 20th, Thus would be the best, timing wise, for either trip...Dusy or Swamp...rather than beginning the trail on the weekend.

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #102

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #104

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,482 Posts
I didn't realize I was that close to clearing those rocks when I started spinning tires. Nice sleeper obstacle right at the end of the trail.

·
Registered
249 Posts
If you decide on Swamp I might be able to get the FJ out there and meet some of you guys. Went through Rubicon earlier this season and I'd really like to get one more trip in but I don't have the time for Dusy -- moved into a new place that needs everything...

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
you still in for Dusy?
leaving Thus the 20th would probably be best, traffic wise and to get better camping spots.
but...leaving Fri would be alright if necessary.

So far:
me
Dick
Mike, Nic, kids and dog

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
I would almost rather go to Swamp since I have never been....
works for me...either is fine.

A Swamp Lk trip would make it a long weekend, probably more could make that run.

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
How about run Swamp, day 1 and 2. Camp, then run into Brewer for lunch then over to Mirror Lk, camp then head out and home day ? I think most of you haven't run any of these.

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
Barrett Lake Trail. Whats the best way to get there? Wrights Lake Road all the way up? Thinking about Barrett instead of Fordyce August 14-16.

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Where ever it is or how you get there, make sure it's not on fire before you go. LOL

A firetruck with Minnesota tags followed me up the hill from town yesterday. Dayum, that's a long long way away. I guess since half of their state is covered by water they figured they could spare them and their crews could likely use the practice.

Two good things from all this dryness and fire. Gorgeous sunsets and no SKEETERS. I almost fell sorry for the skeeters but don't really, I hate those critters.

Tim showed up at the bar at Five Mile yesterday. I was surprised when he walked in.

Barrett Lake Trail. Whats the best way to get there? Wrights Lake Road all the way up? Thinking about Barrett instead of Fordyce August 14-16.

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
Where ever it is or how you get there, make sure it's not on fire before you go. LOL

A firetruck with Minnesota tags followed me up the hill from town yesterday. Dayum, that's a long long way away. I guess since half of their state is covered by water they figured they could spare them and their crews could likely use the practice.

Two good things from all this dryness and fire. Gorgeous sunsets and no SKEETERS. I almost fell sorry for the skeeters but don't really, I hate those critters.

Tim showed up at the bar at Five Mile yesterday. I was surprised when he walked in.
True! I think that fire has been contained. You still up for wheeling that weekend? We're off the Barrett Lake Trail now and going to Fordyce like we originally planned.

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
How about run Swamp, day 1 and 2. Camp, then run into Brewer for lunch then over to Mirror Lk, camp then head out and home day ? I think most of you haven't run any of these.
I'm flexible. I would be okay with just setting up camp and hanging out as well.

Regards,
....Mike

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
With this fire crap the way it is now and no rain in sight, I'm a skeered to leave the house for any amount of time.

We had a couple of fires set close by with that lightning the other day and as streached as CalFire and FS is by that Rocky fire now, there is no tellin what their response time will be. They have already pulled most of the resources from the Lowell fire and are just letting it smoulder to go fight that monster.

Stop by if you can on the way though though. I'm just off 20.

101 - 120 of 138 Posts