TTORA Forum banner

121 - 138 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
My son and I just spent 4 days volunteering with the wilderness rangers near Dusy (Thursday thru Sunday), got thunderstorms 3 of the days. Some good size hail one of the days. We thought we would go swimming, but it wasn't warm enough. I only caught one fish, they weren't really biting. Be prepared to get wet up there.

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
With this fire crap the way it is now and no rain in sight, I'm a skeered to leave the house for any amount of time.

We had a couple of fires set close by with that lightning the other day and as streached as CalFire and FS is by that Rocky fire now, there is no tellin what their response time will be. They have already pulled most of the resources from the Lowell fire and are just letting it smoulder to go fight that monster.

Stop by if you can on the way though though. I'm just off 20.
had a system blow through today...got a tiny bit of rain so imagine more thunder/lightning heading your way with it. :(

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Be prepared to get wet up there.
agreed, that's what Jim (Edison Lk) has been told to expect for the rest of the summer and getting worse/better, rain wise as the fall gets closer.
they posted a vid of a storm that hit on the 2nd on their FB site...High Sierra Pack Station, just up the road from the resort.
https://www.facebook.com/vvr.edisonlake

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Yeah Sheila said we got about 200 rain drops on the deck and that she had counted them. Not enough to knock the dust down but the lighting that comes with it just starts more fires.

They're saying the Rocky monster fire may get .01" of rain Friday as if that will make a dent.

Good news is that there is a huge ass El Nino building up so when winter does come I'll likley be in snow up to my ass. Not that I'll be complaining that much but I probably will anyway. Feast and famine is just the way life is it seems.

had a system blow through today...got a tiny bit of rain so imagine more thunder/lightning heading your way with it. :(

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Yeah Sheila said we got about 200 rain drops on the deck and that she had counted them. Not enough to knock the dust down but the lighting that comes with it just starts more fires.

They're saying the Rocky monster fire may get .01" of rain Friday as if that will make a dent.

Good news is that there is a huge ass El Nino building up so when winter does come I'll likley be in snow up to my ass. Not that I'll be complaining that much but I probably will anyway. Feast and famine is just the way life is it seems.
snow..maybe...from what I hear there will definitely be a lot of rain but if the temps don't drop low enough there won't be that much of a snowpack this winter...just a lot of water. It will fill all the lakes but may cause a lot of flooding in the valley. we'll see.

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Rain or snow, as long as it's water I'll take it and be happy to get it. I'm not too worried about it flooding up here where I am.

snow..maybe...from what I hear there will definitely be a lot of rain but if the temps don't drop low enough there won't be that much of a snowpack this winter...just a lot of water. It will fill all the lakes but may cause a lot of flooding in the valley. we'll see.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Blast from the past!

What year was this?

The original picture is mine.

Here is the cropped version everybody has seen.

This is the full version with me and Corey next to Jason.

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
Hey Chris, just found your voicemail, sorry.

I'd like to head out Thursday morning if that works for you. I fixed all of my issues from the last trip and good to go.

My buddy with the Dodge got rid of the vacuum locker thing and has a cable actuator now. He knows the trail is not full size friendly and is okay with body damage.

Regards,
....Mike

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Hey Chris, just found your voicemail, sorry.

I'd like to head out Thursday morning if that works for you. I fixed all of my issues from the last trip and good to go.

My buddy with the Dodge got rid of the vacuum locker thing and has a cable actuator now. He knows the trail is not full size friendly and is okay with body damage.

Regards,
....Mike
where do you want to meet up Thus morning?

Swamp isn't that bad, width wise, Mirror...another story at the bottom of the grade spot...big rock, bigger tree squeeze. Can he make it? after the Con...yup. :p

I have some pics of a couple of Chebby full size trucks on the trail just north of Swamp Lk...one busted his rear DL and the other had to go back for a spare. There will be a couple spots where wheel base will be an issue but he has a winch.

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
May have added one more rig for a total of 4 at the moment :D

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
That's off 5...there's a cheap gas station I've been stopping at in Livingston on 99...across the street from the trick stop...think its called Quick Stop but will check. What time? We have a possible 4th, Zog, but I don't know which direction he's coming from or how early on Thus.

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
You're right, Walmart is between 5 and 99. Any time is fine, just let me know.

Regards,
....Mike
what is the reverse traffic like on 4 heading your direction in the mornings?
I might just head to your place from here.

oh, gas station is Quick Stop on Winton off 99

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
Day trip, Slickrock?

got a couple days to play with and there are ugly rumors of a giant rock in the middle of the trail that needs to be conquered :p

Sept 7, 12, 13, 14, 20, 21, 24 are what I have open this month

121 - 138 of 138 Posts