·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there going to be a 2020 calendar?

·
Administrator
18,304 Posts
Yeah, I've been meaning to set some dates, but work has been tying up most of my free time. I'll try to get an outline soon. April for Calico is going to be tricky. Lot of date conflicts already in April.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now that all of the suspension work is completed, I am going to try and make a few runs!

·
Administrator
18,304 Posts
Proposed schedule for 2020-

Apr 4/5 - Calico
May 2 - Cleghorn / Pilot Rock
June 13 - Miller Jeep Trail
Aug 8 - Big Bear
Oct 10 - Red Rock Canyon or Rowher Flats
Nov 7 - Anza Borrego

Let me know if anybody has any suggestions or changes they would like to see us make. If not, we'll move forward with firming this schedule.

Thanks!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
do you think the trail can take an 82in track width? I remember some point being quite tight....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Proposed schedule for 2020-

Apr 4/5 - Calico
May 2 - Cleghorn / Pilot Rock
June 13 - Miller Jeep Trail
Aug 8 - Big Bear
Oct 10 - Red Rock Canyon or Rowher Flats
Nov 7 - Anza Borrego

Let me know if anybody has any suggestions or changes they would like to see us make. If not, we'll move forward with firming this schedule.

Thanks!
This all sounds good to me. Cannot wait to get out there. Last years Gold Mountain run was incredible.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the main “hard“ trail the group usually does, with the tight section up against the wall and drop off. I don’t want to scratch my sweet fiberglass fenders!

·
Administrator
18,304 Posts
the main “hard“ trail the group usually does, with the tight section up against the wall and drop off. I don’t want to scratch my sweet fiberglass fenders!
Odessa has the shelf road at the top of the canyon. Mike in his 05 Tacoma with long travel did fine, but the long travel helped him ramp the wall somewhat. The road is getting more narrow every year. I think we are going up Doran first if we have one group and take a look at it before we run it.

Both Odessa and Doran have a slot canyon, but width is usually to your benefit in that section.

·
Administrator
18,304 Posts
In light of the stay at home mandate by the state and counties like LA that are discouraging all non-essential travel and group activities, we will be cancelling at least the Calico event and possibly the Cleghorn event. Stay safe, stay at home and keep healthy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts