TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again everyone. I am in need of some recommendations. I want to purchase a brand new set of 20inch BBS stock OEM wheels from Toyota for my Toyota Tacoma Prerunner V6 2003. The lug pattern is the same but the off set is much more from my 16x7 to a 20x9.5. I was told that they will fit but then there are problems with sharp turning others say to lift the truck some etc etc. I am very confused as this is my first time going to a bigger tire and rim. Any help will be much appreciated.

Toyota One.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Alot will depend on the tire size you are going with? If you plan on running tires with a decent amount of sidewall then you will need a lift.

RJM

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well what can I get away with without getting a lift and also I know the ride will change on the truck but how about balancing and alignment?? I hear lots of complaints in this department when these wheels are mounted? Thanks again.

·
Registered
366 Posts
265/70/20?? I originally have 265/70/16?? Any help will be much appreciated
Really??? A 265/70 20 is equivalent to 35" tire. No way in hell are you fitting that without a lift and some cutting. Maybe a 275/55, which is about a 32" or a 265/50? Someone more familiar with the 1st gens might be able to chim in and give you a better idea what can fit.

What type of tire are you looking for, an all-terrain, mud-terrain, highway, because your selection of appropriately sized tires maybe pretty limited due to type of tire you desire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts