TTORA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to know how many miles some of you have on your 22R engines. How reliable are they?

·
Registered
661 Posts
A guy I worked with had 585,000+ miles on his truck, and he still drives it to work every day. Only had one valve job, runs dino. oils, and regular maint.

·
Registered
458 Posts
ugly's ok said:
I have 168,000 and i beat the snot out of it

22R motor life can be measured in trucks... not miles...

·
Registered
48 Posts
~250,000. Odometer stopped at 240,000

·
Registered
66 Posts
how is gas mileage and performace compared to the 22re?

·
Registered
53 Posts
My 22r had around 336k hard miles on it !! It ran well till the timing chain went crazy so i figured i could rebuild that one or get a replacement.. I went for the replacement!!!

·
I LIVE FOR THIS
1,700 Posts
22R and 22RE are one of the most reliable engines out there very easy to get over 200K without blinking an eye.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
I can't seem to keep them alive..........my first one threw a rod........so I put in a used one and now it knocks real bad. :eek:

·
Registered
415 Posts
I have low miles on my 84 4runner .......... 190k

**How do you sanblast the frame on a unibody car?? :p

·
Registered
230 Posts
564,000 wen i wrecked my 84 and sold the engine to my friends dad who still drives it around....i miss that truck :(

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Think our "Old Blue" (83 blue pickup) had something like 250k on it. Wasnt driven as much as a DD since we gave it to a cousin for his ranch. He ended up trying to repaint it a few years ago while doing another project. The sandblasting ended up eating up the hood, and all other rusted stuff cause of the paint issue with that blue style. Right now the engine runs, but the 4x4, tranny, bed, and just about every part of the body is dead. Long live the 22R

BTW, 22RE with 280k. Would have more but someone didnt replace the timing chain BEFORE it broke.... tisk tisk tisk little brother

·
Registered
34 Posts
I bought my truck with a blown engine at 200k. It would have lasted longer, but he doesn't take care of his vehicles.

His loss = my gain.

·
Premium Member
4,982 Posts
Muddin taco2131 said:
I wanted to know how many miles some of you have on your 22R engines. How reliable are they?
297,000 on my original engine, truck has almost 400,000 now

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
252k on mine, then it needed rings. I got a good deal on a newer engine and I am throwing that in currently.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts