TTORA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my 4runner up and running with its frankenstein motor. I now have a 83' 22r block and bottom end, a head from a 83 celica 22re, and the stock FI from my 85 4runner. The parts are all well used but being that I am on a poor college kid budget it was all i culd afford. Any how I got it all pieced together and it actually runs pretty dam good...smokes a little....but i don't follow myself so it is ok. (it is not that bad and it mainly does it when i step on it). Anyhow the problem i have is it loses all oil pressure when it gets warm. When it is cold it has about 25 lbs at idle and 50-60 lbs under throttle. when warm i got a max of about 10lbs. My thought was the pump is bad but i figured i would get some other opinions. What do you all think????

· Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
on my original re the pressure went hella high....and then the rod went through the block.....granted the rod was bent but.....you be the judge

· Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
$100....a couple hours to swap.....I have less than $300 in the entire motor and i can have the pan off in like 5 minutes ( there is nothing under it)...then the pump just unbolts....correct??? I was hoping the pump was only $20 or $30.....i thought about rolling in new bearings while the pan was off just for good measure.

· Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I oreder a pump last friday....went to get it saturday so i could put it in and the dam parts store forgot to place my order....so now i have to wait till this coming weakend to put it in.

· Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I highly doubt i will have the day off work.....i requested it but so did the guy i work with and he is a ass-kiss so he will probably get it.....i won't be able to bring the 4runner anyways as my tow rig is headed north that weakend...but if i do get the time off i am really thinking that i will be there in the taco :scared:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts