TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok heres my Dilema I have a 84 toy with a 22r with a weber carb and a header.. The other day i was checking my fluids and the radiator was low... Filled it up and ran it with the cap off so I could fill it as needed.. but...... a milky foam kept commin up from the rad. I pulled the dipstick and It was totally covered in milky oil! My first thaught was a blown head gasket!!! But I did a forum search and saw that alot of people had told others that is was or could be a worn timing cover?!???!!! My friend told me it could be a worn water Pump leakin into the oil system??!!??? ANY IDEAS OR SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREAT

Cheers, Rich

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
i would look at the time cover. a buddy of mine thought he blew a head gasket also. pulled the head, had it a re worked. put it back on and the problem was still there. after h e was fed up he sold it to another friend and he changed the time cover and its had no problem since.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Yep timing cover.. The chain guide wears gets worn down be the timing chain. Then it starts to eat through the timming cover were your water pump outlet is. If you dont want to spend the money on a new cover you can have it welded to seal the hole. Then get your self a timming chain set with a steel guide. Its a normal problem if you dont change your timming chain. I do mine every 60k. When i rebiult my engine someone forgot to change it and there was welding on the inside of my tc cover. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts