TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everybody. i got a 81 toyota hilux yesterday and am wondering what some possible problems i could be having with the carb. when i start it i have to give it gas and it will not idle on its own. once it drops to 1500 it will die, even when warmed up. i hear these carbs are difficult to take apart but it also may be something more simple, such as a gasket. any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Yeah like mention checked you tune-up parts, fuel filter, pvc valve exc.. Then look into the carb such as a bad power valve. on my p/u i had the carb rebuilt and it was 120$ so opening it up if your not familiar in those areas isnt such a cost effective route. Just my .02 though

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im thinking that i might buy a rebuilt 22r carb or a weber carb and just put that on, it might have dirty jets keeping it from getting fuel at lower RPMS. im hoping that its something simple.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Look it over close, replace the simple cheap stuff first as mentioned, look at the intake bolts etc...
I ending up putting a Weber 32/36 on mine and man is it sweeeeet! Kinda pricy though..$299 I think it was??? I try to forget what I paid for things as soon as possible.... :eek:
I "simplified" under the hood while I was at it too...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts