TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't see this fix listed .
I have a 93 P/U with the 22Re. I was having a problem with my idle speed changing by itself.
What I found out was the O ring on the idle screw was so worn out the vacuum from the engine was pulling the screw down a little at a time.
I went to ACE hardware and bought a new "O" ring. 7/16 X 5/16 X 1/16.
# 6 "O" ring. Part number 35723B

·
Registered
751 Posts
Sweet!

I need 2.
Thanks!

At lease it moves downwards and lowers the idle, rather than unscrewing itself and completely coming out...

·
Hoist The Colors!
15,832 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Picked up 2.
Replaced mine. Hard to get the old one off the screw being 27 years old and dry rotted so damn bad. Works like a charm!

Gotta get the stepkid over to swap his for him. His screw is held in place with gasket sealer and duct tape:confused:

Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,387 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
just wanted to let anyone that finds this in a google search that i was able to pick up the same size O-ring at an ace hardware in san diego. and thanks so much to the people that post things like this. we live in an incredible time of knowledge sharing. thank you. thank you. thank you. : )

6-11-18.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 93 P/U with the 22Re. I was having a problem with my idle speed changing by itself.
What I found out was the O ring on the idle screw was so worn out the vacuum from the engine was pulling the screw down a little at a time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I replaced my O ring, it didn’t work. It still idles up and down when brakes are pushed.

What can it be please and thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I replaced my O ring, it didn’t work. It still idles up and down when brakes are pushed.

What can it be please and thank you.

I replaced the O ring, I drove one hour and idle stays high.

Do you think it’s because the O ring? I use to drive one hour and it didn’t do that before.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts