TTORA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my truck just started acting up a couple of days ago but basically everytime I come to a stop sign and take off the truck will go a little ways and stay bogging down to the point it's like I've ran out of gas. the first time it did it I thought that's what had happened but now I know better, while I'm still rolling I just push in the clutch cut the key off for a second or two, turn the key back on and pop the clutch. runs ok, I say ok because before and even now it will run ok until about 3500 ish rpm's and then the "turbo" kicks in and then it feels like it has the power it should have. I feel like it's the fuel pump/ strainer but at the price of a new one I'd rather have a second opinion. anybody got any ideas?

·
Registered
14 Posts
My 88' 4runner seems to of had the same issue. Turns out it was the little idle screw on the left side near your EFI. (it's a flat head) Try turning it to the left to bring the idle up, Might help out. I messed with mine till I found an Ideal Idle. Someone with a an 87' showed me that one. Heard its not the best way to fix the issue but it worked for me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts