TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1986 22r bad motor. I also have a 1996 22re good motor. Can I put the carb and intake off the 22r on the 22re engine and head.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
why would you do that? most people would say the 22re is more reliable, and it is fuel injected and has more power than a 22r..... why are you putting a carb from a bad motor on a efi motor that is good? just seems like you are working backwards

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
It would be stupid but yes you should be able to........the post 85 22r's and the the 22re's shared the same intake pattern.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Swap the whole motor and harness over! Why stay with carburated when you have an injected 22RE ready to drop in? :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
It is a fair amount of work to do an EFI swap, the actual bolt on parts in the engine are easy enough, but the wiring, fuel, etc, issues can be a hassle. Personally, I think it is worth it to do the swap, but I can at least see where he is coming from.

In answer, as was said above, yes, it is possible.

·
Registered
757 Posts
From what I've seen and been told, if you have the whole 22RE harness (or even better, the donor truck) its easier to rip out the old and install the new than to modify the existing. Not to mention everyone I've talked to that has done it reported it being WELL worth any installation hassle. This just seems like such an odd question, when the right thing to do is obvious

1 - 6 of 6 Posts