TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm going to try and keep a long story as short as possible. My engine is fairly new and under normal operating conditions it quit on me. I just got into it yesterday and I've got 2 possibly all 4 pistons cracked!!! Anyone ever seen this before and why would this happen? I am mechanically inclined and know normal causes of this failure but haven't seen or heard of it on a 22re. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
Only thing I can think of off hand is either crappy pistons or someone put it together all wrong. Normally that's a stout little engine, not a whole lot of power but bullet proof and reliable as hell.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Supposedly Keith black pistons. I haven't torn the bottom end apart to verify but they are supposed to be Keith black anyway. By put together all wrong what would you be refering too? I just don't want to build it again just to find out it is something in the electronics

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actually was thinking lean myself, but believe it or not there is no signs of heat ? usual carbon build up not all white and plugs weren't white either like a lean burn ? crazy I know, anyway got new pistons and it's at the machine shop so we will see. I'm hoping defective pistons

1 - 5 of 5 Posts