TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm in the market for some 265/75s been searching on line and haven't had any conclusive findings. I'm not wanting to spend a ton of cash because they'll probably be wore out within the year (I drive 35k plus miles a year) and am dropping down from a 285 because I don't see a whole bunch of Offroad time in my double cab anymore, that being said what tires are you running, and why also include price to have them on wheels .

·
Registered
258 Posts
If your driving that much highway and don't wheel it get Michelins. They last 60k+ miles easily. Little expensive up front but you get double the life for less then 1 1/2 times the price. Next tire I put on the wifes 4runner will prolly be their "all terrain" LTX A/T 2.

ATs
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=LTX+A/T+2&partnum=675R6LTXAT2OWLV2&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Streets
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=LTX+M/S2&partnum=675R6LTXMS2OWL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Either that or you can replace tires again this year...

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've thought about the michelins, but thing is the dirt roads that I do travel for work will thrash a street tire (watched a guy with a brand new set destroy two tires, and it's because of that why I'm still looking into a more open lugs design and that's really the only reason, yes buying tires once a year sucks but it is a tax write off but thanks for the input

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just bought 4 Cooper ATPs for $467 shipped. Paid $58 to have them mounted & balanced. Came to $130 a tire installed. They are a tire made just for Discount Tire Direct. The tread is similar to an AT3. Ride is decent and They did pretty well in the mud yesterday. I am not a hardcore wheeler by any stretch, but I will push my truck on occassion. I am happy w/ my purchase.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the link I'm definintly looking into those tires

·
Registered
462 Posts
Hey guys I'm in the market for some 265/75s been searching on line and haven't had any conclusive findings. I'm not wanting to spend a ton of cash because they'll probably be wore out within the year (I drive 35k plus miles a year) and am dropping down from a 285 because I don't see a whole bunch of Offroad time in my double cab anymore, that being said what tires are you running, and why also include price to have them on wheels .
Take a look at Falken Wild Peaks or Rocky Mountain ATS if from Discount. Paid @ $800 out the door for my 265/75/16's. Come with 60k mile warranty. Very good on the road except kind of a stiff ride since they are E load. For such a mild tread pattern they are excellent off road especially in the rocks aired down and have 3 ply sidewalls. A much better tire than the BFG AT's I replaced with these, cheaper too. About 10k miles so far and still look new and wearing even.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
hate to plug them, but BFG A/T's last a super long time when rotated and air'ed right. like i had a set that were used, maybe had 5-10K on them, i put 50K on them myself, and the rears which i never rotated still had 25% usable tread left. In wet weather on streets they can't get traction for sh!t, off-roading they ok. i've had 2 sets of BFG's so this is my experience with them.

For the money, i love Nitto grappler A/T's, dont last as long as BFG's but better on/off road across the board.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts