TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I LIVE FOR THIS
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since theres a thread already regarding the fitment of 265/75R16 on stock rims and no lift, what about the same tire with wheelers black alloys that have 4" bs? Sometime in 2005 hopefully before moab i want to finish my lift with the deavers 7 leaf pack and bilsteins. The hoes are in with about 1" lift and i need tires asap. Sorry for the repost. My truck is a 2002 V6 TRD 4x4. Thanks.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
TRDUSA2002 said:
Since theres a thread already regarding the fitment of 265/75R16 on stock rims and no lift, what about the same tire with wheelers black alloys that have 4" bs? Sometime in 2005 hopefully before moab i want to finish my lift with the deavers 7 leaf pack and bilsteins. The hoes are in with about 1" lift and i need tires asap. Sorry for the repost. My truck is a 2002 V6 TRD 4x4. Thanks.

they will fit on OE 7s but will rub the spindle towers at the upper ball joint...how badly? depends on the brand of tire. from whats been posted here, some brands rub and some don't. Best to try the tire on and find out. you might be able to get away w/o buying new wheels just yet ;)

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
I'm running 265/75r16 bfg at's on Wheeler's black alloys, on my 04 dcab. They rubbed a little in the pinch weld area. Did a little trimming and pounding, and now it's fine. BTW: I have dr c/o's up front set at the (dr) factory height + deaver 7pack/5100's in the back.

--r

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
TRDUSA2002 said:
I've got MT/R's in that size on PC1869 wheels (same as wheelers but not black), 16x8", 4" BS. At stock height I rubbed the pinchweld like a mofo with those wheels. After a 2.5" lift I have no problems at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
mudferret
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing