TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just picked up my 2nd Tacoma Prerunner. 2007 TRD Offroad a week ago now.

Here is what I remember. Before I lifted my 06 Taco on the stock 265's I was getting about 350-360 a full tank. Then I lifted it, and it rolled on 285's where it went down to about 300 a full tank.

Is it safe to say if I get a tire size somewhere between these 2 on this truck I would get something in between gas mileage wise??? or not neccessarily.

Suggestions or thoughts on this.

·
Registered
397 Posts
your lucky to even get 300. i'm on 285's and av. 250-275

·
Registered
42 Posts
275x70x16 BFG TKO

I have the above tire and I get about 325 miles. They are slightly taller and 1/2" wider than stock rugged trails...they look ALOT better tho! I was getting 350+ miles with the stockers.:eek:

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
So I just picked up my 2nd Tacoma Prerunner. 2007 TRD Offroad a week ago now.

Here is what I remember. Before I lifted my 06 Taco on the stock 265's I was getting about 350-360 a full tank. Then I lifted it, and it rolled on 285's where it went down to about 300 a full tank.

Is it safe to say if I get a tire size somewhere between these 2 on this truck I would get something in between gas mileage wise??? or not neccessarily.

Suggestions or thoughts on this.
failry safe assumption. dont forget to correct the mileage reading to what it really is.

·
Registered
302 Posts
don't forget he has a prerunner though, not a 4x4

plus you live in AZ, and AZ and CA have the worst gas on the planet. which has a tremendous effect on hp and mpg
I don't know, I am in Montana and getting 85 octane. Although I just left Phoenix, and that gas does suck...

·
Premium Member
5,955 Posts
Mpg

Look on the side of the tire, find out what the MAX pressure is....
Inflate them to that specification....
See how many times you can go to the mall and home on one tank of gas.....

No really ....air 'em up as much as you can till it rides like a rock then, ssssssssssssssssssss till it rides better
I switched to the Nitto Terra grapplers for DD...
aired down to 45...still kinda stiff,but 300 on 18 gal.
I usually freeway roll 75 mph... heavy on the skinny pedal

·
Registered
397 Posts
don't forget he has a prerunner though, not a 4x4

plus you live in AZ, and AZ and CA have the worst gas on the planet. which has a tremendous effect on hp and mpg
i didn't know that??!!huh... it doesn't surprise me though. so glad we're payin top dollar for this crapolla.:rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts