TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been negotiating with the dealerships on a good price for a 4 door 4x4 shortbed with the trd sport and towing packages and they offered me $27,791 before tax title and tags. Does this sound like a pretty fair deal for an 07 or should I try to get a little more knocked off first? I think I'm going to try to offer $28,000 OTD and see what they say about that.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
n9emz said:
Sounds high for a Sport. Personally, I think you should be able to do better....this one went for $29,137 OTD with weatherguard mats, 6-disc JBL, and a lot of accessory items.

Good luck.
wow... maybe I should go for $27,000 or $27,500 OTD then.... thanks. keep the input coming guys.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
remember that a dealership is trying to make $.... lowball them... and if they try and stay firm, they will cave when you turn around and say well thats just too much, bye....

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
matt86 said:
I've been negotiating with the dealerships on a good price for a 4 door 4x4 shortbed with the trd sport and towing packages and they offered me $27,791 before tax title and tags. Does this sound like a pretty fair deal for an 07 or should I try to get a little more knocked off first? I think I'm going to try to offer $28,000 OTD and see what they say about that.
You didnt list other options it has, like tranny, stereo. but in my neck of the woods the cheapest TRD Sport DC auto has an invoice of 26382. So I would say anything in the 26,500 to 27,000 smoking deal, and 27791 isnt the best, but its still decent. Now if you have any other options it just gets better. The most expensive TRD Sport DC has an invoice of 27243, so your deal is better.

Ans search a little it has been covered at least 2 or 3 times in the last few months by me on how to determine if your getting a good deal, its all based on invoice price.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Go to edmunds.com and use their TVM pricing report. It will give you an idea of what others have been paying on a similarly optioned Taco in your area. You can also print that report, take it in and use it in your bidding.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got mine for $27,000 before TTL. Mine is a 4x4 DC shortbed with 6-disc non-jbl, TRD OR (with locker) and tow packages, leather wheel and shifter, sport seats, etc. Just FYI. Especially since the locker should have added $800-$900 IIRC.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hers a good source to determin real prices, and a good negotiating tool at the dealers.
http://www.carsdirect.com/build/options?zipcode=91367&acode=USB70TOT096A0&restore=false

Print this out and bring it with you to the dealer and tell them to beat it.
msrp 30,258, CD price 27,204.,
tell them youll buy it from them instead of cars direct if they beat the price by $700, that will put you in the 26,500 range. Which I know they can do.
I was lucky and found a new 06 left-over msrp 31,000, got it for 25,500.
I was able to negotiate in feb this year on an 07, same truck, for 26,500 or the 06 or 25,500, it took the 06.
Hpoe that helps, GL

All these nubers are before ttl.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
go to www.carsdirect.com and build the extact truck there, should save you some money. The sticker price on my truck (before taxes and everything) was $25k...and it came up to $21k on carsdirect.com. Ended up being $23k OTD vs. about $27k for the dealer price.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I bought my 06' DC sport prerunner for 25.750 OTD in the beginning of 06'. I just bought another one for my gf 06' DC sport fully loaded with tow package and JBL, auto dim mirror, floor mats, bed mat for $25,900. But keep in mind that is a 2wd not a 4wd.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow... when i used cars direct the price of the tacoma actually came out to like 27,900... thats more than the dealership quoted me.

·
Registered
87 Posts
my sport with tow pack was a tad above $26k out the door. Access cab though. 6 disk, sport pack, 6 speed, tow pack, etc, etc.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
06Sport said:
my sport with tow pack was a tad above $26k out the door. Access cab though. 6 disk, sport pack, 6 speed, tow pack, etc, etc.
Dang... All i want is a double cab 4x4 with trd sport and towing packages. I guess i'm gonna see if i can get it for 27,500 otd from another dealership. I don't think it will work though

·
Registered
145 Posts
I paid 26,800 for the same truck in Westchester county NY and the year before i paid 26,500

·
Registered
145 Posts
matt86 said:
Go in there and tell them straight faced that another dealership 40 miles away (look up a real toyota dealership, they'll never check it out) and say I went there and they said $26,999. Your closer, I want to do business with you blah blah and watch the smoke pure out his ears as he heads over to the sales manager.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts