TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 2014 Tacoma 4x4 AC and I am installing a ToyTec 3" BOSS kit and I would like to run an aggressive 285/75/16 that is fairly quiet on the HWY... checking out the specs, it looks like depending on the manufacturer, 285's run anywhere from 32.7 to over 33... I am going to stick with the stock Baja wheels (SR package, 16x7 w/4.5" BS) and it looks like I need 1" or 1.25" spacers?

I see MTZ's and Trail Grapplers are over 33" but TRXUS are 32.7"... anyone having luck with any of these tires fitting stock wheels with spacers and a 3" lift without firing up the sawzall?

Any help is much appreciated!

·
Registered
398 Posts
From what I understand it mpstly about UCA rub.

Ive heard that 285s on stock TRD alloys can get past camburgs and TC and I assume Icon tube UCAs . but they will Rub Icon billiet UCAs with certain tires including BFG ATs and KM2 in 285

·
Registered
7 Posts
On my '04 I am running BFG 285/75R16 with my stock alloy rims. They rub on the frame member at full steering wheel input. According to the BFG chart, these tires are 32.8". The next size up is 295/75R16, which the chart shows as 33.2" and a little bit wider. I am guessing those will rub worse!

I would love to find a 16" aftermarket rim with better backspacing/offset to move the tire outboard and away from the frame.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts