TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody liking the trail grapplers ? Probly gonna be my next set pretty stoked :D
any feed back thanks.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
If no one is talking about them, they either
a) are too expensive for what you get
b) they suck dick.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Try searching. Most people dont seem to like them

·
Registered
272 Posts
I work at Discount Tire and I have keep 16-20 Trail Grapplers in 35/1250r20 in stock since they're so popular among the 6" lift chevy/gmc crowd. Don't know why, but they are. That being said, I think it's safe to assume those guys mostly buys the Nitto Trail Grapplers for looks and not performance since the purchase of those tires is usually accompanied by 20" Chrome XD or Rockstar Bling wheels. lol :rolleyes:

I've seen those tires do "ok" off-road and in the mud, but they are mostly for looks. Also, keep in mind that they are a VERY heavy since you can only get that size in 10 ply. :eek:

While they do look pretty sexy :D I think there are muuuuch better mud tires out there. (even the Nitto Mud Grappler would be better... however i don't think they make 285/75/16s...... i think) =\

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
anybody liking the trail grapplers ? Probly gonna be my next set pretty stoked :D
any feed back thanks.
if i had all the money in the world i'd try them for a season. but since im not baller status i've bought some terra grapplers before when i had my 4x4 97. wet weather was awesome, worked in the dirt and mud, river crossings were nothing. I can't say enough about how much i liked them. again this was a vehicle that was a DD and i maybe took her off-roading once a month or every other month.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i was just seeing if anyone had any dislikes,and likes was going to do the 255-85x16 Buckshots but i like how the trails look like the km1 and i ran the km1 s and loved them.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have them on my tundra and I have no complaints at all, they wear really well. I tow a trailer to the desert and sand and never an issue with traction or anything. And they look sweet.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have no experience with them. a good friend of mine works at a lithia dodge dealership and said he could get a set of trail grapplers on his discount installed on my rims for about 850 (33. 12.50). I decided against it and went with my km2's (33 10.50) for 920. Have yet to really see how a trail grappler does, but from what i have read they don't sound too hot.

From the people i've run into with them and who my buddie has dealt with at work the consensus is they are awesome tires, great in dirt loose gravel and mud. BUT not one of those people was an dedicated off roader. The rigs consisted of 3/4 and 1 ton diesels that were either work trucks that just deal with the normal muddy pasture conditions or dumbass city folk rigs and brand new jeeps that barely see dirt besides the pot holes in their driveways.

I'm not gonna say they are a bad tire because i cannot honestly say that. but from discussing them with the people i have met that run them, i would just not recommend them for someone that wants to run challenging trails.
If you just go mobbin down some dirt roads with some muddy ruts or pits in it i doubt you will have any regrets on the grapplers.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I work at Discount Tire and I have keep 16-20 Trail Grapplers in 35/1250r20 in stock since they're so popular among the 6" lift chevy/gmc crowd. Don't know why, but they are.
Because they are load rated to handle towing heavy shit around, but still get the job done in the woods ([email protected]). I'm happy with the set on the wifey's dmax, they are great in snow and acceptable on ice, do well in the woods, wear great, and the only drawback is the price. At $377 a piece they aren't for everyone. I would compare them to the original BFG KM1 rubber compound wise.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
285-75x16 Trail's

pic after i installed factory bumper back on had to shave the upper control arms,and 1/4 wheel spacers,so far LoVe them

1 - 12 of 12 Posts