TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive recently put dual cases in my yota with 4.7s in the rear case, is 3rd gear or even second to weak of a gear to climb with both cases engaged and all the extra torque. i know reverse is a pretty weak gear but is say 3rd with 2:28s and 4.7s engaged and getting on the trottle if i had to a little bit is that a big no no. im not to familiar with the transmission gears

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
hey dustin the only reason reverse is weaker is because the way the ring and pinion messes. the are built with strength when in drive because thats where most of the wear and abuse will be. reverse is kinda weak and many have broke trying to get unstuck in reverse. ur tranny will be fine in all forward gears, just dont lug it. ur a smart driver ull be fine dude. lets hit up the ravene:eek:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice just want sure if they got smaller or weaker because there much less tourque out of those gears but dual cases changes all that. did you finally get your truck fixed and back home

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
ur cautious from everything ive seen when wheelin so i think youll be just fine. im just waitin for dillion to break with those 38's of his haha. i need to get bigger pinion shims, but my junk is all back together as of yesterday. im down in willows at the parents house right now. ill be back up tomorrow

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya im not sure what he would break hes got all bobby long axles and 30 spline cro- mo output shafts in the t case, maybe a ring and pinion or u-joint someday lol.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
my guess will be a front ring and pinion. hes got that front hoppin a few times. or a mirror if he pulls that shit in the ravene like he did last time lol

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol ya he got lucky on that. we got some good video from moonrocks 2 weeks ago i wish my truck was running to go but it wasnt. that was a blast all kinds of trucks out there and crazy people

1 - 8 of 8 Posts