TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Not really here...
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Southeast regional chapters will be hosting their second annual ride at Tellico, from June 1-4, 2006. For those that don't know, Tellico is the premier off-road park in the Southeast, offering challenging trails for all levels of wheelers, from stock to highly modified. It is located in southwestern NC, and can be accessed from eastern TN as well. Camping will be at Crawford's Campground, which is about 15 minutes from Murphy, NC. We will have a dinner and raffle Saturday night, with prizes from a variety of vendors/sponsors (raffle tickets will most likely be $5).

The 2005 ride was a great time for everyone involved, and 2006 looks to be even better with even more chapters being involved. Right now we've got members planning to come from the following chapters: NC, TN, AL, GA, FL, MD, and VA. As it currently stands, most people will be showing up Thursday afternoon/evening, wheeling Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Some folks will be staying thru Sunday, leaving Monday morning.

Camping rates and information can be found at http://www.crawfordsattellico.com/ Crawford's is easily one of the nicest, cleanest campgrounds you could ever want to visit. It has a rock garden, obstacle course, and mud pit, as well as campsites with or without electricity and water. It has several individual heated/AC'd bathrooms, each with it's own shower, and they have a garage available with welding machine for those folks who may need to make some repairs at some point (there is a fee for use of the garage).

Here is a map of Tellico's trails. See the links below the map for pics from various previous rides at Tellico.

http://pics.rickbeatty.com/serttorar-I
http://pics.rickbeatty.com/se4rj2
http://pics.rickbeatty.com/seyj04
http://pics.rickbeatty.com/se4rj

Stay tuned for further info!!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Mark, You know I'll be there especialy with a newly done SAC. Hopefully I can talk Barb into going again so the wives can all commisurate. See ya at NCTTORA

Tim

·
Not really here...
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Nullifier said:
So how many attended this event last year? I am going to the GSMTR by TLCA but may consider coming back up for this as well. Especially if upper 2 is on the trail list it's my fav.
Think there were 15-20 rigs at this year's event (June, 2005). We had everything from a Prerunner to a solid-axle dedicated trail rig. There was only a month or two notice last time, so we're hoping that by having it announced well in advance we can get quite a few more people to show up this time. We'd like at least 50 rigs to make it, which is entirely possible. We've already got a few more chapters involve this time around, so it should be a much bigger event. We've even got a sponsor or two already lined up providing items for the raffle, and we should have several by the time the ride comes along. It's gonna be an awesome event, no doubt.

Oh, and if you want to do Trail 2, I'm sure there will be at least a couple other rigs ready to tackle it with you.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
I'll be there and prerunnering the trails weds afternoon or Thursday morning so I can have a trail report for everyone. Let me know if anyone wants to prerun with me in advance.

·
Not really here...
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I may join ya Kyle. I'll most likely be asking for Thursday off anyway, so I might as well come up early and get in an extra day of wheeling.

·
Registered
951 Posts
You can count me in, I ain't missin this years run!

Kyle, I will probably take the week off from work and ride up with you to do some prerunnin. As long as you can promise my truck won't get dirty or scratched up or nothin. ;)

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
I really want to go on this one! I'll see what I can do, but I need to save leave b/c I definitely want to attend MOAB, or Takeover in 2006 (Mostly MOAB). Maybe I can pull some strings where I won't have to burn leave time!

...Anyway - I'll start looking ahead.

·
Not really here...
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you can't take off work, then just plan on coming up Friday night and leaving Sunday. That way you could wheel all day Saturday, enjoy the cookout and raffle, meet some of the great people you've talked to on the boards, and maybe even wheel a little on Sunday before heading back.

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
Sweeeet. Last year was awesome, cant wait for this one.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
It's a sticky now so it wont get lost in the mix.
Thanks Mike !

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
01 Tundra said:
The Tundra will definitely be there :xozzy:
:kewl:

I meant to mention I was in Nashville for New Years and saw you (I think) I know it was your truck but I only got a glance at the driver, over near the airport? It was right close to Two or is it Three Rivers Ford Dealership. The 31st maybe?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
GOT COPE? said:
:kewl:

I meant to mention I was in Nashville for New Years and saw you (I think) I know it was your truck but I only got a glance at the driver, over near the airport? It was right close to Two or is it Three Rivers Ford Dealership. The 31st maybe?
Yep, Two Rivers Ford - must have been me because I'm the only one that drives my rig. I remember seeing a built up Toy coming past me in the turning lane right there but can't remember when - know it was last year sometime, getting old is a real biatch :D !

1 - 20 of 147 Posts