TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching and haven't found much info. I did find one photo of a Tacoma with these wheels so I know it can be done, but I'm not sure if spacers are needed to clear the brakes.

Is anyone running these 15" wheels on a Tacoma (specifically I'm asking about my 2003 V6 DC)? Did you need spacers to clear the calipers?

I'd appreciate pics if you have them.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
I've been searching and haven't found much info. I did find one photo of a Tacoma with these wheels so I know it can be done, but I'm not sure if spacers are needed to clear the brakes.

Is anyone running these 15" wheels on a Tacoma (specifically I'm asking about my 2003 V6 DC)? Did you need spacers to clear the calipers?

I'd appreciate pics if you have them.
won't work on your '03. you'd need pretty thick spacers

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
Whats different with my '03 and earlier Tacos that allows them to work on say a '97?
wheels on Tacos changed to 16s in '01 and run larger calipers that won't fit in the earlier 15s.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are the brakes different on a Regular cab or extra cab compared to a DC? I've to confirmation and photos from a guy with a '01 Reg cab that he's using these wheels, and a guy with a '02 Extra cab that says they fit also.

Sorry for being a pain but I'm trying to get a good confirmation on fitment before I dive in, just don't want to end up with wheels that I can't use.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
Yes I found that list in my search but it only listed aftermarket wheels
check the bottom of that list and note the caliper info for different Tacoma models.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts