TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if anybody has done the 3.0 to 3.4 conversion and what you guys think of it. i love my 2nd gen, its in perfect condition, do u think its worth it. can i get some prices of how much everything costed. i can probably get a donor car for about $2000, is there a certain year of the 3rd gens that works best for this?

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Many have done it, when my 3.0 goes, a 3.4 is going in.

Flygtenstein on yotatech has done it and would likely answer any questions you have.

Off Road Solutions has kits to make some of the more tricky parts easier:
http://www.offroadsolutions.com/technicalarticles.htm

·
Registered
398 Posts
yep... thats also what i want to do when my 3.0 dies

·
Registered
160 Posts
No problems at all with the gas tank. As for emmisions, what do you mean by that? I had to get an evap canister from a tacoma to make the ecu happy, but I think that's about it. (Besides the two o2 sensors, etc)

·
Registered
951 Posts
ATLRoach said:
Why the SM465 and not a NP435? That would a direct bolt up to a 5.0L
AA makes an adapter for the yota case for the 465...the 5.0 should bolt to it as well, but it may not..I know that it came off a 351W, which, I believe, has the same bolt pattern...failing that, I may just run it as is, 5.0, E40D, and ford xfer case. I am considering going fullwidth in a couple of years with a HP D44 and a 9in. rear, so it may behoove me to do it all at once...it is all conjecture at this point anyway, as I am not gonna tear it down till it breaks anyway :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts