TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have some questions. They do seem to exist but you cannot build them on toyota's web site. If they do exist does the rear end lock being a prerunner or is it merely sitting up taller. Wanted theis model cause it seems it would get the best mpg.
Looking for a run around town and take the dirt bike riding truck. Don't really think I would be 4 wheelin except some dirt roads and such.

·
Registered
224 Posts
If you look at the prices it says that the access cab pre-runner starts at $18,380, v6 model starts at $19,835 im not sure why they wont let you build it though. Best thing to do is ask nearest dealer, they might be able to special order it. (Id just go for the v6) The locker only comes on the TRD off road package.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With a locker you should be able to go pretty much anywhere a 4x4 can, shouldn't you? As far as snow covered roads and such. I'm not talking extreme 4 wheelin or anything. I'll have to find out if they offer the TRD in a 4 cyl.

·
Registered
61 Posts
they do have them, i almost bought one but i got a single cab 4cyl instead. you have to realize if you get the extra cab 4cyl your gas mileage might not be the same as the 4cyl in the single cab. Nice truck though! im startin to feel kinda cramped in the reggi cab. seeing as im 6'4 270.

·
Registered
313 Posts
4 wheel drive gives you stability, that matters alot on snowy roads over 20-30 MPH. the locker can only be used at slow speeds as well.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have a 4cyl prerunner access cab and love it. Mine is not the TRD package it doesn't have a locker and it does more than what I need. I've taken my truck camping and had to get up muddy hills and sand and have had no problems what so ever. Gas mileage is not as good as in my single cab but I still depending on how I drive get around 20mpg if I drive nice.

Oh and mine is also a 5spd which means gas mileage = worse at least in my case ;)

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
K20Z3Si said:
the locker can only be used at slow speeds as well.

there is a simple modification so the locker can be used at any speed in 4hi

·
Registered
61 Posts
nyk438 said:
I have a 4cyl prerunner access cab and love it. Mine is not the TRD package it doesn't have a locker and it does more than what I need. I've taken my truck camping and had to get up muddy hills and sand and have had no problems what so ever. Gas mileage is not as good as in my single cab but I still depending on how I drive get around 20mpg if I drive nice.

Oh and mine is also a 5spd which means gas mileage = worse at least in my case ;)
yeah i got a stick too. funny though my mileage seems better in the city than on tha highway. its pretty windy on the highway at 75mph

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yea they deffinetly exist, I got my '07 at the end of last year. I had to order it and you cant get a locker or a limited slip. But you can always ad an arb or detriot later if you find that you need it, I plan to in the next year or two. Mine has impressed me a ton. Last time I was in the mountains it snowed 6" over night and I was sure we would be stuck. Didnt even slip and the roads were terrible. Its not no were near as capable as my XJ on 32's was, but I never really needed all that and still dont. O and by the way I average 24 mpg's mixed driving, and 28-29 highway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts