TTORA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K. Here is my first newb ? I am taking my rig off road for the first time this weekend. So I needed to know when to use the locker & if there are any speed restriction. I have used the search option, but I didn't find what I was looking for. I don't really know what my 2WD is capable of, so if any other two wheel guys can send me some pics, I would be very gratefull.

·
Keyser Soze
546 Posts
First, Welcome Noob!

Your Pre-Runner doesn't have the same type of restictions that the 4x4 has stock for using the locker. Push the button, give it a moment to lock up and you are good to go as fast or slow as you desire.

You should lock up any time there is a chance that you might lift a rear tire or otherwise spin a rear tire. Your two-wheel drive is remarkably capable, just take your time to learn what it can do and improve your skills as you learn what it can do.

·
Master "Yota"
431 Posts
Also I would have a buddy go with you in another truck so if you do get stuck someone is there to pull you out. Other than that see what you can do and have fun!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx for the info, I am going with a few guys from work,and they are all experienced
off roaders.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mine would take up to 30 seconds to engage. You also might have to roll a few feet once the button is pressed to get the locker engaged. If not, my damn prerunner is just wierd...

·
Registered
327 Posts
lock it going up hills..just to be sure..and never turn the wheel when backing down a hill assuming you dont makeit up...youll roll

4cyl open diff 2wd

And dont do deep sand with bald tires..lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
and watch out for thick mud. i just got home from being stuck and i got BFG AT's and some kinda posi unit in my rig. if you are worried either back away before you get stuck or just go for broke and haul ass and hope you dont break something. with 2wd you really just gotta keep the momentum going.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts