TTORA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
concussed
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know its been done with pre-runners...
let's say i wanted a newer truck..
could i get a new mini and swap all my 4x4 stuff to it?
just thinkin out loud..

·
Registered
650 Posts
Yes... Revivalist did it. check his thread a while back for the write up and pics.

I know of a 2000 V6 xtracab, SAS'd, chromos, arb, 35's, built by AJ, fully armored, etc... just doesnt have a crawler. $10k and it has never, ever been off road.
it does need a new set of TRD electric locker gears thou.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
i was parked next to a slammed one of em the other day, turn signals on my bumper were higher then his headlights. I'd love to see one of those all SASed up. Post up pics when ya track em down

·
Registered
43 Posts
i know its been done with pre-runners...
let's say i wanted a newer truck..
could i get a new mini and swap all my 4x4 stuff to it?
just thinkin out loud..
As being one of the first Pre-Runner to 4x4 conversions I know of in this club I can give you a another option to the conversion. I converted my 98 Pre-runner to 4x4 almost 5 years ago. I am running a divorced Toyota t-case off my 2wd trannsmission. I have put around 30K miles on the conversion and I still drive and wheel the truck at least once a month. Handles any abuse I have put it trough. It allows you to keep the 2wd trans but you will have to do a SAS.

I got my adapter from Jim @ Inchwormgear.com . The divorced adapter is made by OTT Industries in Canada. www.ottindustries.com.
Let me knoe if you got any ???'s

Later
Will
FL TTORA

1 - 6 of 6 Posts