TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am looking to get another vehicle as a backup/dd . I was thinking about an older Toy 2wd pickup. What kind of gas mileage do these get? Also how hard would it be to find one for about $800?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As long as its 20 im good with that. Beats 11-13ish.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
I would suggest getting EFI for some extra MPG. My carbed 20R (4x4) got like 18 when it was stock on a really really good day. I bet a 22RE 2WD could pull mid 20s easy.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
My old 86 was 1000. It was fully loaded minus power windows. Never wrecked but spray bombed white. 22re that ran strong. Loved it tel the t stat froze shut on a -16 night of high way driving and it popped the head gasket. When I drove it nice I could squeak 29 to 30 with the tires slightly over inflated and no a/c. I lowered it and put 4wd front end stuff on it and was going to toss some billit wheels on it and paint it for a sweet daily. It did great in the snow with 3 sand bags in the back and normal cheap tires on it.

I'd say 500-1000 is a good range to be at for a decent one needing next to nothing. 500 or less for one needing something to get it going. Mine needed brakes when I got it and that was it.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
2wd Toys are all over; I've seen a few on c-list, one 82 with a sweet flatbed (sarcasm) for $800 IIRC. They're out there... even some 84+ are around.

·
20,355 Posts
Yep, since I could drive I have almost always had a beater 2wd. They usually get in the low 20's for mpg with mixed driving and a heavy right foot. If you take your time a decent one can be found for under 500. I could have gotten a nicer one than I have this last go around, but I have always wanted the dual headlight body style, so thats what I got.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
This thread has me thinking about grabbing Another one for a daily. I kinda miss having 2 cars and a usable truck bed would be handy rather then tryin to lift stuff 5 feet in the air.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I haven't driven mine in a while and it hasn't had tags or insurance in over a year, but when it was my DD I usually got about 23mpg. One tank I got 27, but I must have had tailwinds the whole time or something because that was an anomaly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts