TTORA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,670 Posts
2WD springs for 5 lug trucks were designed for spring under. That was how they got the lower stance. I can't say for certain, but the springs for 2WD and 4WD were similar, but I don't believe they were the same (arch, length, etc). So depending on your plans for height, a spring under conversion would possibly be your best option.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2WD springs for 5 lug trucks were designed for spring under. That was how they got the lower stance. I can't say for certain, but the springs for 2WD and 4WD were similar, but I don't believe they were the same (arch, length, etc). So depending on your plans for height, a spring under conversion would possibly be your best option.
just want the truck to be level looking for 2 inch ish drop in the rear. probably going to order them and see what happens everyone can learn from my experience then

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,670 Posts
I'm not sure what year your truck is, but be aware that 95-97 model years have different size springs compared for 98-04 models. Keep in mind the 2WD springs have one less leaf than 4WD springs.

This thread over at Custom Tacos might be helpful-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts