TTORA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,691 Posts
2WD springs for 5 lug trucks were designed for spring under. That was how they got the lower stance. I can't say for certain, but the springs for 2WD and 4WD were similar, but I don't believe they were the same (arch, length, etc). So depending on your plans for height, a spring under conversion would possibly be your best option.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2WD springs for 5 lug trucks were designed for spring under. That was how they got the lower stance. I can't say for certain, but the springs for 2WD and 4WD were similar, but I don't believe they were the same (arch, length, etc). So depending on your plans for height, a spring under conversion would possibly be your best option.
just want the truck to be level looking for 2 inch ish drop in the rear. probably going to order them and see what happens everyone can learn from my experience then

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,691 Posts
I'm not sure what year your truck is, but be aware that 95-97 model years have different size springs compared for 98-04 models. Keep in mind the 2WD springs have one less leaf than 4WD springs.

This thread over at Custom Tacos might be helpful-

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
just want the truck to be level looking for 2 inch ish drop in the rear. probably going to order them and see what happens everyone can learn from my experience then
Why not add lift to the front instead of lowering the rear?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why not add lift to the front instead of lowering the rear?
the leafs in back are already bad at least driver side so they need replacement anyways. money I am 18. don't want to put added stress on front end parts such as CV axle because it is a very old truck. also just more of a lowered kinda guy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts