TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just thought id post it up here as I will be moving out here reallll soon.

I am going to be doing the inchworm prerunner adapter and coupler with a lefty 4:1 geared case thrown behind it.

does anyone have an 01 4runner that could give me some measurements on the 4x4 driveshaft?

just need to know if its shorter then the previous 3rd gens so I wont have to get as much cut off or if at all.

oh and SAS is out of the question, i dont have the knowledge to rip out my VSC/trac and ABS out at the time being, maybe later down the road.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Blake! Can't wait till ya get here..... We have a meet and greet tomorrow night - I will bring your post and see if we can russle up an o1 4runner... and get those measurements for ya.

-Mols

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i may need all measurements, man or auto.

hubs and crap are coming and i still need diff front shaft and case crossmember, and im set to install

oh yeah im not going 4:1 anymore its gonna be 5:1 now, i already have case coupler and adapter, twinstick and all with me now

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
updates:

this is still in Miguel's garage over on the main board.

not getting the calipers and upper arms, just spindles, hubs, and cvs.

Bud at budbuilt is going to be building an xmember soon, still havent received his email with a pic of the other guys xmember but ive called and met him before so he knows what i need and who i am.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks very familiar!

Keep up the good work!
thanks Jamie, im taking your build as a step by step idea of what im going to do.

I appreciate your help that youve given me and i may have more questions down the road :)

my ideal rig once this is done

double locked with arbs front and rear but ill suffice with lockrite rear and aussie front.
manual hubs with the aisins.
- second set of 5 star wheels with omf beadlocks with rock domes
- toyo mt 315s on those wheels
- custom rear bumper with tire carrier
- arb safari snorkel
- front winch with synth line
- one of those aero trailers for my camping needs
- budbuilt skids
- inchworm dual case setup with this current 4.97:1 case

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have a question i have a 1998 4runner 2wd and i want to convert my 4runner. i was wondering if it would be better it put in a 4wd transmission or a 2wd transmission and just convert it with a adapter. i wanted to convert so it would be easy to replace or get it worked oh. but if i go with a 4wd transmission what do i have to get it to work. what do yall think.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
This seems to be a hot topic lately.

From my understanding you can also replace the tail shaft on your tranny so it will mount to the t-case.

The adapters can be used, but from what i hear they are pricy. clsoe to the price of a stock tranny and tcase from what i have read.

I have the front dif out of a 98 taco with 4.10 gears. I will make you a great deal on it!

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
I have a w59 from a tacoma with tcase...pm me if interested.

·
Registered
2 Posts
yeah there really pricey about 799 for just the adapter and you have to cut your output shaft. yeah i ant really highly moded, but it go some personal value. but if i was swap the transmissions will i need another computer or are 2wds and 4wds transmissions computers the same.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts