TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this 2003 pre runner 2wd tacoma, need some advice on how to convert to 4wd..
I have most of the parts, trans came with trasfer case electronic but its a H and L shifts with trans actuator.
Is there’s anyway to do manual hub lock instead the push button,

·
Reppin the Flips on TTORA
812 Posts
I have this 2003 pre runner 2wd tacoma, need some advice on how to convert to 4wd..
I have most of the parts, trans came with trasfer case electronic but its a H and L shifts with trans actuator.
Is there’s anyway to do manual hub lock instead the push button,
Harold (Screen name: Interex), from Houston, did a write-up, but this was back in the day on the old forum, and it looks like all or most of those threads are gone. He hosted a few WATs to get it done. I would try searching his posts and maybe something will come up. Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks
Harold (Screen name: Interex), from Houston, did a write-up, but this was back in the day on the old forum, and it looks like all or most of those threads are gone. He hosted a few WATs to get it done. I would try searching his posts and maybe something will come up. Good luck!
Thank you 🙏

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,535 Posts
Details in this thread from SafetyDang should help-

·
Registered
15 Posts
The easiest way to do it without having to wire anything would be to use manual locking hubs, axles, a front diff with no actuator, and a J-shift transfer case. That's what I did. Then you would need a 4x4 transmission, make sure you get the right one, cable or electronic pressure controlled. For your spindles you can use your prerunner knuckles just press out the old stuff and throw in the 4x4 stuff. Your will need a front driveshaft from a tacoma or 3rd gen 4R. las you will need to shorten your prerunner driveshaft or buy the correct 4x4 length.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your right but I guess I have to deal with my wiring harness coz I get the H and L transfer case the pust botton shifter... dont know if anyone did this conversion hope someone can pop up.. and guide me along the way not unless sell this and get the J shift much easier for me, I have mostly all the necessary parts that I need to do my project..😓

1 - 6 of 6 Posts