TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I either bent a rod or spun a bearing in the 3.slow yesterday cause its knocking pretty bad. I think it's time to ditch it when I have the money. I'm looking for some info on a 3.0 to 22re swap. A sticky thread, buildup, site, or anything I can follow for a parts list would be great.

I'll be building the motor with a full engnbldr.com kit with forged rods, pistons, a brand new streetRV head and a 268* cam. I know I'll need things like sensors, engine harness, motor mounts, turbo bellhousing and an ECU but what else is on the parts list?

PS: How bad is a bent rod/spun bearing gonna kill my gas mileage unil I can get a new motor in there?

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
why the hell would you do that? just drop a 3.4 in there

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I second that. Building up a 22r/e is no cheap deal. Their damn near idiot proof but 3.4's are pretty much thhttp://www.ttora.com/forum/images/editor/separator.gifat as well. The 3.4 will bolt up to the 3.0's tranny (other changes of course though) and probably give more power than a pretty fuckin built 22r/e with better milage (porbably not by much though lol).

Ii think the easiest way to get a 22r/e in is just buy a tranny+bellhousing outta a stock vehicle. They have different tranny's and probably different gear-sets more suited for the power. Good luck findin the turbo bellhousing.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
if you find the turbo bellhousing.. take the turbo tranny with it.

You can use Marlins 2RZ/3RZ to R series tranny bellhousing. But they are a bit pricey.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if you find the turbo bellhousing.. take the turbo tranny with it.

You can use Marlins 2RZ/3RZ to R series tranny bellhousing. But they are a bit pricey.
They told me that bellhousing wouldnt work with a 22re and only with a 2.7l tacoma motor. I'm pretty sure I found one.

PS: no 3.4 because the swap is way too expensive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts