TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not looking for new threads or people telling me what to do just help finding and existing threads. i have been looking how to wire this baby up to a 3.0 harness. Instead of spending my time filtering the bs threads and looking for the the right ones, could some one point me in the proper direction of the good info? I dont know if I've just been looking in the wrong places or what but I've just found worthless crap.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Agh, I had tons of links bookmarked when I was doing the 3.4 into that 85 Runner; start here:

http://www.yotatech.com/f160/

There are lots of threads/builds that helped me; do you have a magical T100 2wd oil pan and pickup tube? You'll need one for that SAS.

·
7,735 Posts
x2 on the yotatech forum. That's the #1 place for 3.4 swap info. I read nearly every thread on there when I was researching my swap. All of the info is there. you're going to need to get the subscription to the toyota site to download the FSM specific to your year of truck and the year of the donor motor.

They made minor changes year to year. For mine, they changed the position of the pins in the ECU between 2002 and 2003. The colors and the purpose was all the same, just the pin locations and that would have caused some problems that would have been really hard to chase down. If you resist cutting corners, you'll end up with a solid swap.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Agh, I had tons of links bookmarked when I was doing the 3.4 into that 85 Runner; start here:

http://www.yotatech.com/f160/

There are lots of threads/builds that helped me; do you have a magical T100 2wd oil pan and pickup tube? You'll need one for that SAS.
I do not but I most likely can get one from Travis.

x2 on the yotatech forum. That's the #1 place for 3.4 swap info. I read nearly every thread on there when I was researching my swap. All of the info is there. you're going to need to get the subscription to the toyota site to download the FSM specific to your year of truck and the year of the donor motor.

They made minor changes year to year. For mine, they changed the position of the pins in the ECU between 2002 and 2003. The colors and the purpose was all the same, just the pin locations and that would have caused some problems that would have been really hard to chase down. If you resist cutting corners, you'll end up with a solid swap.
Awesome. Thanks for the point in the right direction. I would like to have this sucker running come Jambo time

·
Registered
188 Posts
My 3.4 swap thread is up on Yotatech. I haven't touched it in quite a while, but with the time that I did have I tried to document a lot of the shortcuts that I compiled from other people's builds. (Building your own crossover, rotating the fuel line on the banjo, etc)

http://m.yotatech.com/showthread.php?t=246605&styleid=51

Let me know if you're looking for a harness too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts