TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off i hope its okay to post in this section, i wasnt sure:eek:

okay, i know the 3.4 swap into the early pickups is a popular choice and since i have a '93 with the 3.0 ive been looking into how much it would cost to do it my self.
My main worry about doing it is if im going to be able to pass smog/ref here in Cali. Has anyone done it in CA and if so what is need to pass the ref inspection? i know it needs ALL emissions equipment but not sure what else.
i work with guys that have done swaps in there honda's and i know the ref's do a good job of making sure EVERYTHING is done properly so i dont wanna go through the time and money of doing it just to fail.

thanks

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Would probably get more pertinent info by posting in one of the Cali forums.

To my understanding, so long as you're going to a newer motor, CARB is OK with it. I don't know if you have to fill out any forms etc to get it approved though.

·
Registered
267 Posts
When i was looking into this i talked to a smog tech and all he said was that it has to be a newer engine then your truck's year, have all the emissions equipment for that engine's year, pass smog, and have it inspected by the smog referee and once he OK's it you get like a certificate or something like that saying your legit.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When i was looking into this i talked to a smog tech and all he said was that it has to be a newer engine then your truck's year, have all the emissions equipment for that engine's year, pass smog, and have it inspected by the smog referee and once he OK's it you get like a certificate or something like that saying your legit.
thats what my understanding was also. I dont think its that diffucult then as long as you follow the rules..haha

thanks for the input!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts