TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a 96 xtra cab V6 Tacoma in Tucson at the dealership (Precision Toyota) with 960,000 miles on the original engine! They say it still runs good, with a few signs of wear here and there. Worried about your 3.4's reliability? I don't think we need to worry ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
I dont call bs. I put 40000 miles in on year on my mustang. people can drive alot. And this one might of been a test truck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
CWest said:
KBB.com says....

Condition Value

Excellent $8,230

hell of a resale value... :D
I like the sound of that! :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,844 Posts
SalsaStep01 said:
I dont call bs. I put 40000 miles in on year on my mustang. people can drive alot. And this one might of been a test truck.
ya, but 80K??? What were you doin to get that 40K? It coulda been a test truck, that would be like the only way i would think :confused:
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
18,217 Posts
CWest said:
ya, but 80K??? What were you doin to get that 40K? It coulda been a test truck, that would be like the only way i would think :confused:
Delivery trucks can easily rack up those kind of miles. I don't really doubt the mileage as much as I doubt they still have the ORIGINAL engine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
I put 52k miles on my 94 toy in it's first year, but that's cuz i was commuting 30 miles each way to work, and 50 miles each way to the GFs(see future wife) house, both almost daily!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
947 Posts
87K is a ton. The most I have ever seen put on a truck was 90K. That was from a guy showing ranch real estate in the entire state of Texas. El Paso to Houston to Dallas to Midland... well you get the point. He averages 60-70K. He sold his 2002 double cab in 2005 and it was close to 200K. Still looked and ran like new. I would like to see the ODO pictures if someone is in the area.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,849 Posts
Dan_meister said:
I put 52k miles on my 94 toy in it's first year, but that's cuz i was commuting 30 miles each way to work, and 50 miles each way to the GFs(see future wife) house, both almost daily!
I put 60k on in a year. Pizza delivering took a toll on my truck :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
933 Posts
I bought a chevy siverado that the owner put 120K on in 13 months. But that is rare and those types of vehicles need a lot of maintenance. this guy didnt do nothing so I got a heck of a deal. Hard to believe the engine went that far without 3-4 rebuilds.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I get on here and post up BS all the time. If it's a faulty source or I may or may not know it, I just post it. BTW, if you worked on cars for a living you'd see shit a lot stranger than a 11 year old truck with almost a million miles on it. I guess all those guys with caterpillars and cummins putting a million miles a year on a truck, that's BS too. Fawkin tools.
 

·
truck ~n~ tow
Joined
·
10,917 Posts
Chill the fawk out dude... You haven't proven shit... You just made a statement and have not shown any facts to substantiate the claim...

I suppose if you got a Bridge in Brooklyn for sale...
We should just take yer word for it ?.. :rolleyes:

Of the 20 plus years I ran D8/9/10 Caterpillars... we logged them by the hours run... Not miles

The only tool here is you... ;)
 

·
Good For You
Joined
·
3,442 Posts
TacoDell said:
Chill the fawk out dude... You haven't proven shit... You just made a statement and have not shown any facts to substantiate the claim...

I suppose if you got a Bridge in Brooklyn for sale...
We should just take yer word for it ?.. :rolleyes:

Of the 20 plus years I ran D8/9/10 Caterpillars... we logged them by the hours run... Not miles

The only tool here is you... ;)
Jake is a legit guy :kewl: . He wouldn't post something like that unless its true. :)

I know a driver who could easily rack that up (in less time) if he didn't get a new truck every couple hundred thousand + miles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
A friend of mine who is a sales rep for Weyerhaeuser building products handles central Alabama up to central Tenn. and puts over 100,000 miles a year on his vehicles. He had a Tundra that he put over 300,000 miles on with no problems, then bought an Avalanche (brand new) hasnt put 200,000 miles on it yet and has already had the transmission rebuilt and a new transfer case put in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,598 Posts
I am willing to bet that if he had posted it was a 2.7 and not a 3.4 nobody would have doubted it at all :rolleyes:


I believe it.........I can only hope mine lasts that long LOL
 
1 - 20 of 146 Posts
About this Discussion
145 Replies
43 Participants
FAUX X 4
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing
Top