TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was fun wheeling with everyone. How every one else had fun. Keep an eye out for my next run down that way it will be way better according to Troy. Speaking of Troy, WHERE ARE THE PIC'S? :D

:worthless

Post them is you got them.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So is it really slippery going across Red Cone?

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
It's pretty exposed shelf road. The penalty for a slight slip is certain death.

But it doesn't matter - it's gated and no way in the world will it be open in March.

Pix here:
http://cottora.shutterfly.com/3028

·
Registered
661 Posts
nice pics!!

wheres your bumper ike?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But it doesn't matter - it's gated and no way in the world will it be open in March.
That strange then because if I remember right when I called on trail status for Slaughterhouse it said there where no trail closers and they may be snow up on Webster Pass. But that was when I first posed up about Slaughterhouse.

·
20,355 Posts
Nate, the pics that Troy posted are from a trip last summer, on a different trail.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Nice. Fab how did those new tires do for you?

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Who's shifter are you working on? Doesn't look like a good thing when your on a trail.

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
TacoBlanca - he has a B&M short shifter that is adjustable for the angle by rotating it inside the little ball with the notches. It locks down with a setscrew. We took it out, tightened the setscrew, but I guess it came undone again.

Might need to set it where you want it, drill a tiny hole through the threaded hole, then put the setscrew in and red locktite the MFer

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
I know this no snow thing is stupid! At this rate we'll be able to drive up to my cabin (at 10,200 feet) early this year... (Usually can't be driven up to till late June!)

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Yeah, I was fortunate to make it off the trail that day. The first set screw that holds the shift ball to the shifter broke creating alot of slop. Pulled out the whole shift assembly, Troy tightend the second set screw which prevents the the first one from backing out. All seemed good until I tried putting it in 1st gear.....shit, didn't hold. Monday I took it to Goodyear right next to where I work, I needed it fixed right away it was getting worse. I was going to have them put in a new stock shifter. However, it is a $320 part and it would take at least a day to get the part. I told them to put the shifter back in and I would go to Yotayard and get a used part. Went to pick up my truck, only to find out that it was not even driveable. The mechanic who took it out fucked it up even worse. I couldn't even get first gear because the shifter would hit the dashboard. So, here I am in the parking lot pulling the shifter out again, then I handed it to the store manager and told him what was going on. He was cool, he took it upon himself to fix it. Redrilled and tapped a new hole in the shiftball and the shifter, ran a bolt into both pieces, tightend it down and grinded the head off. Ahhh, it's brand new again!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
No, installing the shifter was one of the first mods early on when I bought the truck, before I considered wheeling it. Just wanted an improvement over the stock shifter slop.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts