TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey
Im trying to weld an exhaust from the crossover pipe back, no catalytic converters. I can not find the 3 bolt flange anywhere though. Ive looked online and around hardware stores. Its a big 3 bolt flange that the cat usually bolts up to on the crosspipe. Please let me know if you have any ideas where I could find one.
This is for a 5vz tacoma-03

·
Registered
719 Posts
Hey
Im trying to weld an exhaust from the crossover pipe back, no catalytic converters. I can not find the 3 bolt flange anywhere though. Ive looked online and around hardware stores. Its a big 3 bolt flange that the cat usually bolts up to on the crosspipe. Please let me know if you have any ideas where I could find one.
This is for a 5vz tacoma-03
Your best bet is a muffler shop. Find one that is old school, not like Midas. They will have a whole wall of flanges hanging there. I think some of those cat flanges may be deliberately scarce to prevent exactly what you are doing. A muffler guy could tell you. The old guys are more likley to just slip you a couple under the table too :rolleyes:. I've made my own in the past. You just need the right size hole saw, but it's a whole lot easier to find them pre-made.

Teryx

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive checked around with no luck so far. I thought I would be able to find it online really easy

·
Registered
719 Posts
You used to be able to buy "Catalytic converter test pipes". A piece of exhaust with the odd flanges to replace the cat. EPA cracked down on that shit and put a stop to it. Last time I did it, I just built my own, and likely you will have to as well. Maybe you can cut the flanges off the cat and reuse them.

Teryx

·
Registered
422 Posts
I've use "Vibrant Performance" flanges in the past on my old celica with good results. They have quite a few sizes, go on their website and check....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts