TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my 3" cornfed lift and aal in the rear!! Looks sick. I am trying pick the right tire for my my 03 v6 extra cab. MTR , bfg at, revo's? Any suggestions would be great. I want to fit 285\75\16 on my stock rims if possible. If any one has this lift and is running big tires let me know how your tire fit w/ rubbing and ride quality.

·
Registered
203 Posts
32 BFG x11.5 look good. you can go to 33x12.5 but youll need pinch weld mod because you will rub and your lose power, gas mileage, change gearing, etc.. 32's seem like the way to go in my opinion.

·
I LIVE FOR THIS
1,700 Posts
Bercrapper said:
I just installed my 3" cornfed lift and aal in the rear!! Looks sick. I am trying pick the right tire for my my 03 v6 extra cab. MTR , bfg at, revo's? Any suggestions would be great. I want to fit 285\75\16 on my stock rims if possible. If any one has this lift and is running big tires let me know how your tire fit w/ rubbing and ride quality.
Your better off with the 32 or 265/75R than the 33 or 285/75R because of the rubbing issue. In order to fit 33's you need a few more inches of lift and make sure to get wheels with 3.75" bs, thats what everyone seems to use.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I'm running about 4" of lift w/33x12.5 mt/r's on a 15x8 w/3.75 backspacing and i only rub when hard offroading at full lock.

·
Registered
44 Posts
How do you get 4"?

KStacoma said:
I'm running about 4" of lift w/33x12.5 mt/r's on a 15x8 w/3.75 backspacing and i only rub when hard offroading at full lock.
Are you getting 4" by adding a body lift to coil overs? I want 4", but I don't want a drop down bracket lift.

·
Registered
102 Posts
congrats on the new lift. I no longer have my cornfed 3" lift but when I did I had 32" BFG MT's on 15x8 MT classic II's. I rubbed a little and had to trim part of my front valence and do the pinch weld...I was unlucky though I haven't heard of anyone else rubbing 32's iwth 3" of lift

·
Registered
123 Posts
I don't think you were unlucky. 32" BFG MTs on a 15x8 rim w/ 3.75" backspacing rubs on mine with 3" of lift when turning on the road. I used to rub with the same setup and 4" of lift until I pounded the pinch weld. I wouldn't have rubbed with the 3" setup had I pounded the pinch weld (on road that is).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts