TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kinda new to the 4WD scene. Im buying a 3'' lift kit for my wifes '02 tacoma. Was going to get either the Tuff Country EZ ride kit or the Revtec kit. Both are spacer/isolater(ft) and block(rear) kits. Im not reading to many good things about these type of kits on this site. Is there anybody out there who have actually had good experiences with these types of kits????

·
Registered
401 Posts
Buy the toytec lift if she won't do much off roading....can you post how much you plan on spending on this lift? How big the tires are you want to put under it, etc...

·
Registered
495 Posts
I have spacers, sort of a mixed opinion:

They are good and cheap, best lift for the price no doubt. The problem lies in the fact that they destroy the "comfort" in the ride of the truck, b/c it minimizes the down travel by preloading the coil springs. When I put mine in I was 19 and was like wtf, I am a young buck I couldn't give 2 shits. Well I am almost 22 now and still young but I get pissed at potholes b/c I am sick of my truck riding like shit, on the same note I love offroading and don't mind it rough there. So with that imagine your wife riding in a rough truck as a DD...bad shit is going to happen. As for how rough of a ride, well if I pullinto some strip malls a little too fast (gun it between traffic from a turn lane to the left across 2 lanes) I can almost get the front tires OFF the ground.

I would save and get some coilovers, yes they are expensive but from just hearing others I wish I had of done that.

BTW don't get a body lift. Like the spacers its fun for a while then it gets old when you learn to really wheel your truck. Its one of those things on your mind, "I hope this doesn't hit to hard and come through the floor".

·
Registered
401 Posts
GreenTaco4x4 said:
I have spacers, sort of a mixed opinion:

BTW don't get a body lift. Like the spacers its fun for a while then it gets old when you learn to really wheel your truck. Its one of those things on your mind, "I hope this doesn't hit to hard and come through the floor".
Comon, alot of people run the 1'' body lift just to get a little extra clearance.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
stucktaco said:
Buy the toytec lift if she won't do much off roading....can you post how much you plan on spending on this lift? How big the tires are you want to put under it, etc...
I would have to say don't get the spacers even if the truck is only going to see pavement.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
stucktaco said:
I was only hoping to spend at the max...$500. And as far as tires, that wont be until june/july. Probably just get some 31's put on the factory rims.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I know there are some guys on this site that have no problem with 3'' spacers. But if your only going to 31's you wouldnt have to put a lift on it. However, look around toytec, I still think they are a good spacer, hopefully somebody will back me up on this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
GreenTaco4x4
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing