TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to need to but a new lift on my truck soon and I want a 3in full leaf pack in the rear. I have a cap and I use the truck for work so I need extra white capacity. I have a 2 ½ ProComp add a leaf in the rear that has sagged to almost stock height.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Custom springs are one of the things I’m thinking about. But I was hopping some one has a spring that will work for me stock.

·
Re-Member 9/11
292 Posts
pulser said:
Custom springs are one of the things I’m thinking about. But I was hopping some one has a spring that will work for me stock.
www.allprooffroad.com offers a 3" spring pack if your looking for a full replacement. Otherwise, Old Man Emu and Deaver have 2.5" full packs.
Bill

·
Registered
933 Posts
Do a search for another set of springs and double them up with what you have now. That will give about 3" and some extra weight. Read up on the mod. I used NWOR HD springs on my work truck. They are pretty stiff, and don't provide huge amounts of flex at first. They will take about a year to settle in. On the plus they carry 2-300lbs everyday, and when you need it they have taken 1600. I wouldn't recomend it at all though. Mostly for safety reasons. Plus your truck won't like it. After a year they went from 4 to 3" of lift, they are pretty smooth, and I can cycle some pretty serious flex. They still hold weight. However you need to keep them lubed up to be smooth, and you'll need a shim. Not bad for under $400. I don't recomend unless you increase your front spring rate also. Nice and stiff

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
shovelracer said:
Do a search for another set of springs and double them up with what you have now. That will give about 3" and some extra weight. Read up on the mod. I used NWOR HD springs on my work truck. They are pretty stiff, and don't provide huge amounts of flex at first. They will take about a year to settle in. On the plus they carry 2-300lbs everyday, and when you need it they have taken 1600. I wouldn't recomend it at all though. Mostly for safety reasons. Plus your truck won't like it. After a year they went from 4 to 3" of lift, they are pretty smooth, and I can cycle some pretty serious flex. They still hold weight. However you need to keep them lubed up to be smooth, and you'll need a shim. Not bad for under $400. I don't recomend unless you increase your front spring rate also. Nice and stiff
I forgot about the NWORs with the cap that might be a good idea. Can i use the shocks i have now for my PC add a leafs?

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I have the OME rears and they give that amount, plus I have some block back there for winter ballast and it didn't phase them.

·
Registered
472 Posts
i just used 2 stock leaf packs, minus the overload and one short one and added a downey long add-a-leaf to the mix and im 3" over stock and holds all the weight i can throw at it. It did stiffen it up, but i like that the truck dosent sway all over the place anymore.
Downey add a leaf=$50
2nd set of leafs = $40

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
pulser said:
I am going to need to but a new lift on my truck soon and I want a 3in full leaf pack in the rear. I have a cap and I use the truck for work so I need extra white capacity. I have a 2 ½ ProComp add a leaf in the rear that has sagged to almost stock height.
you can have you OE leafpks rebuilt with added leaves and the whole thing re-arched for up to 3" of lift. One extra leaf will give you about a 500# increase in load cap. for more than 3" with OE or OE replacements like NWORs add lift shackles.

Whatever you get you won't have a 'full 3"' when you load it up unless you go with some sort of custom set. Check with David Hale on the Cali board for more info on that.

I've had the nwor hd pks for about 2 1/2 years now and just recently had to have them re-arched due to so many 1-ton+ loads of firewood ;)

check with nwor as they may still have some of their Dcab hd springs on blow-out sale. they will tell you they are not for excabs but they are the same length, just a little heaver duty.

whatever you get make sure to get long enough shocks for whatever amount of lift you wind up with, axle wedge shims to get your pinion angle back to 0 degrees, a BPV extention bracket (if you like having rear brakes) and a 24" rear brake line.

·
Registered
318 Posts
pulser said:
im in the same boat man, stock pack w. aal and a block, but i want to get rid of the block and get some springs that dont posses a negative arch, so i am probably going to go with a 8 leaf deaver pack, demello offroad has 9 and 10 so i would recommend checking them out. i think you should be able to get the lift your looking for, being that i need about the same amount.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
spill_02 said:
im in the same boat man, stock pack w. aal and a block, but i want to get rid of the block and get some springs that dont posses a negative arch, so i am probably going to go with a 8 leaf deaver pack, demello offroad has 9 and 10 so i would recommend checking them out. i think you should be able to get the lift your looking for, being that i need about the same amount.

Yea thats what i was thinking too. But i was wondering how soft deavers are.

·
Registered
318 Posts
pulser said:
Yea thats what i was thinking too. But i was wondering how soft deavers are.
well i think the 8 or 9 leaf setup would be just fine, stiff enough for a load but soft enough for some sweet flex and great ride

1 - 12 of 12 Posts