TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just put a 3" toytec coils and rear add a leaf on my buddies 4x4 extended cab 07 taco. he wants to run 305x70x16 tires on a 16x8 wheel with 4-3.75" back spacing. i keep trying to tell him they will rub like crazy. just curious if anybody has done this. by the way the toytech lifted the front 3 1/8" over stock and the rear 2" . he is probably going to do glass fenders, but i think they will rub on the pinch weld/firewall not the fenders or front bumper.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
tell him he needs to lower the truck about 5/8" or hes going to get cv problems really quick. 305/70/16 is 32.8/12/16. with the pinch weld mod it should work. but you need to lower the truck down alittle

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
well. I had 315's and it rubbed like crazy. 295's worked ok. You will have to do the pinch weld mod like badmoon said. One thing to let you know, certain tires are larger than spec. Make sure you go and find out exact tire size. My 295 Toyo MT's measured 33.7 so just check.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i put the diff drop on it and the angle of the axels is same as mine that has 70k+ miles on it and stock boots. i put my lift on when truck had 328 miles on it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
MERCER FABRICATION
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing