TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a stupid question, but...

I'm at 29,600 miles on my 2006 Tacoma. I had my engine oil and air filter replaced today, that's all I had time for.

However, tomorrow (Friday), I'm heading on a 1000 mile roundtrip. Is it OK to wait for the rest of the 30K service until I get back, or if something goes to crap will the dealer get me for not doing it before the 30K?

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
IMO those periodic checks are designed to empty your wallet. You didn't sign any agreement to do these costly checks with the dealer when you bought the truck. No worries.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Those checks are dumb up to like 60K. Change your oil and call it good.

·
Registered
268 Posts
The 30k service does more than I expected, but it won't be a problem if you put it off.

2006 Tacoma
30,000 Miles - 36 Months
<< BACK - INTERVALS - NEXT >>

Replace engine oil and oil filter 1
Rotate tires
Replace limited-slip differential oil, if equipped (4WD and PreRunner)
Replace spark plugs 6
Re-torque propeller shaft bolt
Replace engine air filter
Replace cabin air filter (if equipped)
Inspect the following:
Automatic transmission fluid
Ball joints and dust covers
Brake lines and hoses
Brake linings/drums and brake pads/discs 7
Drive shaft boots (4WD)
Engine coolant 8
Exhaust pipes and mountings
Front differential oil (4WD)
Fuel lines and connections, fuel tank band and fuel tank vapor vent system hoses
Fuel tank cap gasket
Radiator core and condenser
Rear differential oil
Steering gear box
Steering linkage and boots
Transfer case oil (4WD)

Additional Maintenance Items for Special Operating Conditions:

Driving While Towing
Replace front differential oil (4WD)
Replace rear differential oil, including limited-slip
Replace transfer case oil (4WD)
Tighten nuts and bolts on chassis
Driving in Desert or On Dirt Roads
Tighten nuts and bolts on chassis

Applicable Footnotes:
1) Reset the oil replacement reminder (“MAINT REQD”) light after replacing engine oil, if vehicle is equipped with this light.

6) Applies to Tacoma with 1GR-FE. Required under the terms of the Emission Control Warranty.

7) Inspect thickness measurement and disc runout.

8) See Maintenance Definitions (Engine Coolant) for details.

·
Registered
532 Posts
its fine. nothing will explode just because you roll over 30001 without the maintenance. and you just had a recent oil change, which is all you really NEED unless of course something is broken.

and you can do EVERYTHING on that maintenance list yourself for free. the only thing thats gonna cost you is the fluids, which you would be paying for anyway at the dealer. the only thing i ever pay for is the oil change because its a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I might be wrong about this, but the only reqiured service to keep your warrenty is the oil changes. Everything else is recommended service. At least that's how the guy explained it to me when the transmission went in my old truck. It was replaced under warrenty with no questions asked even though they never performed the recommended services. Of course maybe if I had the service done that wouldn't have happened:confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts