TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a chance to purchase a set (5 tires) of 30x9.5 mud terrain tires for $250. I don't remember the brand but I know they're not BFG and they are practically new. I drive a stock suspension 4WD 98 Tacoma with the Toyota alloy rims.

Will they fit on my stock rims?
Will they effect my breaking or what you since they're an inch smaller all around?
Just like some input from TTORA.

thanks,
Tino

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
He he pizza cutter tires ehh? If you have a 15x7 or 16x7 u can fit all the way up to an 11.5" wide tire on it w/o issues. As far as brakeing, i dont know if any mud tire stops as well as a regular tire in certain conditions, but my 33x12.5 mt/r's stop pretty well except for in the rain they like to slide.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Darktoy said:
I've got a chance to purchase a set (5 tires) of 30x9.5 mud terrain tires for $250. I don't remember the brand but I know they're not BFG and they are practically new. I drive a stock suspension 4WD 98 Tacoma with the Toyota alloy rims.

Will they effect my breaking or what you since they're an inch smaller all around?

thanks,
Tino
i say go for it...they are pretty cheap...but as the person how many miles is on the tires...and if he/she had rotated them regularly...but if you are planing to lift ur truck any time soon...i would just wait...and some better, bigger tires... maybe 32x11.5...or 33x12.5 33x11.5...etc. depends whatever lift you decide to go in the future...but if you decide to get a lift later on maybe in a year...i'll say save up the money and get something better..

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
Darktoy said:

thanks,
Tino
what size tires do you have now? (OE)
what engine?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Darktoy said:

thanks,
Tino
I think all the alloy rims are 16". You better find out what size rim the tires fit before you buy them.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Darktoy said:

thanks,
Tino
ALso, what do you normally do with it...is it your DD? you like mudding? etc...I think if you do, $250 is not a bad price for an extra set of M/T's. Me, personally, would not go smaller from stock, I like the clearance.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Nanotruck said:
I think all the alloy rims are 16". You better find out what size rim the tires fit before you buy them.
Thats only on 2001 and newer trucks.

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
Darktoy said:
2.7 running stock 98 model rims

15" alloys
those tires will be fine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I wheeled with 30 x 9.5s for a while in my older toy. They got me a lot of places I wouldnt have thought I would be able to make it. Clearance matters a lot, but traction matters more in a lot of instances.....Go for it, sounds like a sweet deal.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I got them and for a MT first-timer let me say that it's true what they say about the added road noise and slight vibrations.

The pros are much better IMHO consisting of better traction when I head out to South Padre Island or whenever it rains(mud) and of course the more aggressive look.

These will do for now but I'm allready looking at which tires I'll get next time around even if at full price.

32" Bridgestone A/T Dueler REVO's

1 - 13 of 13 Posts