TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as most of u guys know I have a 1998 sr5 tacoma
I have been told I can put 31 inch tires on it even though I have the stock suspension on her still is this true or false if I am not able to do so what would I have to do to get the 31s on it body or suspension lift??

I am also looking to put headers and a cai on it as well and is there a computer tuner for the tacoma sr5 any info on performance mods would be awsome

·
Registered
667 Posts
as most of u guys know I have a 1998 sr5 tacoma
I have been told I can put 31 inch tires on it even though I have the stock suspension on her still is this true or false if I am not able to do so what would I have to do to get the 31s on it body or suspension lift??

I am also looking to put headers and a cai on it as well and is there a computer tuner for the tacoma sr5 any info on performance mods would be awsome
Cai, dont waist your time unless its street only. I have had both fipk and volant and even though it gives it a little more power and cool sound it does nothing for hard wheeling but make you stall out. 31's are on stock TRD's. I have around 1.5" lift with 255/85 r16 (true33x10) and it rubs only a bit when i jump it with mild fender clearance

·
Registered
219 Posts
Just put the tires on, they'll fit fine. Stock size for tacomas and 4runners is 265/70/16 anyway on most, which is basically 31".

To ease your mind, here's a pic of my friend Sam's 4runner with 35's on stock suspension. (he did this for fun transferring his lift over from his rolled 4runner).

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
fj_fowdie
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing