TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says....has anyone ran 315/75/16 on a 7 inch rim? was thinking of going with that size on a stock Tacoma steel wheel 16x7
Any info would be helpful. And yes I know they say 8"-10" rims are recommended

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
They'd be pinched like cheeks at Granny's and have hella sidewall bulge... may wear the outer edges faster than normal as well.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well damn thats not what I wanted to hear haha, I need more clearance than my 255s but need to not go much over the price of them

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Works fine I ran 315s on stock wheels for a long time

Not the best pic they did slightly bulge more than say an 8" wheel but not enough to be concerned about they also seemed to hold a bead better than the 8" wide wheels I got later I could run 10psi no problem but with the 8s I would blow the beads at anything less than 12

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
I also ran 315/75/16 Kevlar MTR's on my factory alloy wheels. Didn't have any issues with them for the short time I ran them. I got rid of them because I had the opportunity to go back to a bias ply TSL so I did.

I know this doesn't show much, but after some digging it's the only picture I even have of the truck with the 315/75/16's since I had them for so short of a time frame.

Here is a video of me while I ran them though, and floundered on this rock... this was the one time I wheeled with them, and when I promptly decided I didn't like them. Aired down to 10PSI IIRC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfmFfRRUgk8

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the response I think I might go with the duratracs in that size

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
Bjarker
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing