TTORA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I test fit some 315/75/16s on my truck today with the stock wheels and they seemed like they would work with some minor trimming. I am not sure if they will work with my 4.5 backspace wheels though. I turned up my coilovers 4 turns to get another 1/3 inch of lift and I am getting my Dakars put on tomorrow. I am also going to pick up my wheels and have the 315s test fitted again. I sure fucking hope they work, they looked real good. I am at approx. 5.5 inches of lift up front with my spindles and coilovers set to 1.5 inches. If it all works out I will post pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Sounds good can't wait to see the pics.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Best of luck, we just trial fit a set of 33x12.50 15 BFG M/T's on my nephew's std cab V-6 truck using stock 4.5" backspace alloys and they hit the upper control arm before the lugs were even tightened.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
12.5 is kinda wide that may be why and you were using 15s, not a large enough center diameter to clear. I sure hope I will be good to go. I think I will be though.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
May be a tad wider than your 315's, and rim diameter will not affect the clearance issue with the upper control arm. The tire's sidewall hit, high up near the side lugs. I really do wish you luck, it sucks to be all ready to go and have something like that screw up the program.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Are you goin to re-gear with those 315's?

·
Smoked Out!
1,869 Posts
May be a tad wider than your 315's, and rim diameter will not affect the clearance issue with the upper control arm. The tire's sidewall hit, high up near the side lugs.
He might be able to make it fit. While wheel diameter doesn't help on upper A arm clearence, the wheel width makes a difference. Most stock wheels are 4.5 bs on 7 " wide. Most aftermarket wheels for our trucks are 8" wide. That makes the tire (or should i say tire tread)sit about 1/2" further out which might just be enough to clear. Well that and the fact that 315 tires are 12.4" wide, not 12.5" ;) lol. Its a craps shoot, but hey, let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They didn't fit. I don't want to crank the hoes high enough to make them fit. I like the soft cushy ride. 295s it is. they had to order them though so they won't be in till next week. Also fucked up my driverside fender flare because the idiot tire guy turned the wheel to quick. I would like to replace it with another white one if anyone has one I will pay top dollar for it.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
They didn't fit. I don't want to crank the hoes high enough to make them fit. I like the soft cushy ride. 295s it is. they had to order them though so they won't be in till next week. Also fucked up my driverside fender flare because the idiot tire guy turned the wheel to quick. I would like to replace it with another white one if anyone has one I will pay top dollar for it.
That's a bummer, but I figured that would be the case. I believe the shop would be replacing that flare though..

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well then I have to get it repainted. I don't want to have to do that. Then I will have a bigger problem then the torn screw hole. It is secure now just bugs me. They gave me a $200 discount.

·
Registered
913 Posts
its called.. go LT!! lol Then you have soft cushy ride with 315's like me!! I want to see if I can get 325's..
Why? I know your truck rubs at full compression with 315's. When you finaly get that thing off the street you will know what I mean. Stop waisting your money. 37's fit on my truck all day because of the spindle.

·
Registered
361 Posts
not sure how the tacomas are setup but would your 16x7 wheels even work with a 315 with the control arm, us 4runner guys have to use 16x8s with 4.5 to 4" of backspace and then maybe some shaved arms or TC/camburgs

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am running 16x9 not 16x7. Where did that come from. I test fitted with my 16x7 a few days ago. But I am not running stock wheels. I have too much money invested to run stock wheels, lol.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
That is amazing to me that you can't run those tires with 5" of lift. I am running 295 nittos on 2" and only rub on the body mounts. The only trimming I have done is at the very bottom of the flare and inside the wheel well and would be covered completely if i put my mudflaps back on...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts