TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
norcal n00b
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a killer deal on some Goodyear MTR's that are 33/12.5/r15 with 15x8 wheels. The wheels have 3.5" backspacing. This will work fine for my truck, correct? Specs of truck are below.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
130 Posts
from what i have heard you should be fine with that backspacing. I believe anything from 3.25-3.75 will work for 33x12.5 on 15x8's.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
I have the MTR's on 15x8's with 3.75" backspacing and have no complaints about rubbing on the upper control arm...I would imagine 3.5 will be close, but should clear....just my .02

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Zackattak said:
I found a killer deal on some Goodyear MTR's that are 33/12.5/r15 with 15x8 wheels. The wheels have 3.5" backspacing. This will work fine for my truck, correct? Specs of truck are below.
Thanks in advance
works fine.

make sure those wheels will clear the calipers before you buy!!

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Zackattak said:
Chances are they won't? Why not?
because there are only a couple of specific brands/models that do fit a truck that came stock with 16s.

·
norcal n00b
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Which wheels?

Okay, I got the tires and wheels today. The wheels don't clear the caliper, so can anyone tell me which 15x8 black steel wheels work for tacomas?
Thanks

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Zackattak said:
Okay, I got the tires and wheels today. The wheels don't clear the caliper, so can anyone tell me which 15x8 black steel wheels work for tacomas?
Thanks
Wheelers has some, don't remember the model/brand though.

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have the x-treme black street locks 15x8 with 3 5/8 in back spacing, no grinding necessary, one of my frinds got the black steelies and had to grind down a little bit, a little grinding wont hurt a thing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts