TTORA Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a Truxxx 3" kit in my new 2007 Tacoma (3" front, 1" rear) and I also purchased a set of 33 x 12.5 x 18" Toyo Open Country M/T to be mounted on a set of Incubus Poltegiest Alloys 18" with 0mm offset.

Not sure if the tires are going to work with what i have been reading on here and am a little nervous about mounting the tires to find out they do not fit. It seems like 12.5 is too wide?

I have time so just want to make sure I don't have any major issues after I spend the time and $$$.

I know there is trimming invloved and I have no worries about that but dont want to start hacking the frame.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have 3'' front lift, and I run 33/12.50's no problem, I barely had to do any trimming, just a little plastic by where the mudflaps mount, my backspacing is 4.5''

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's Done

Well I decided to go with the BFG AT's to be safe 285/65/18. Minor trimming required but all worked out. No caliper grinding or any other mods needed.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
X3 But it doesnt look to bad because he still has a lot of rubber unlike those full size trucks lifted sky high with low pro tires.

·
Registered
401 Posts
X3 But it doesnt look to bad because he still has a lot of rubber unlike those full size trucks lifted sky high with low pro tires.

Those are the same size tires that look "low pro" on full size rigs. In fact, I think they are smaller than those on those full size trucks.

·
Registered
583 Posts
i have a set of 305 70 16 toyo mt and they rub a little not bad tho we have had people run 295 70 27 with a load leving kit on the new tacos i work at Les Schwab a tire store

1 - 10 of 10 Posts