TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting tires soon. Read a ton about various sizes. Did search. Give me some input (ideally pictures of each) for a 2002 dblcab with donahoe coils and deaver leafs?

Pros and cons of these sizes?

lot of conflicting advice

·
Registered
291 Posts
carl said:
Getting tires soon. Read a ton about various sizes. Did search. Give me some input (ideally pictures of each) for a 2002 dblcab with donahoe coils and deaver leafs?

Pros and cons of these sizes?

lot of conflicting advice
what size rim?
what type of tire? (AT, MT, etc)

·
Registered
291 Posts
carl said:
stock rim 16" thinking BFG MT's
I know a few guys run the 255/85R16 MT's. Although narrow, it eliminates most, if not all rubbing issues.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
i run the 255 tire and they seem to be the ticket. they give you the clearance you need without all the issues and allow low lifts. highly recomend...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
re-gear or not to re gear?

that is the question with 255/85's???

is it necessary for decent performance on and off road? currently have 4.10 with automatic in trd.

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
They're all pretty much the same diameter, so whichever of the 3 you go with is going to be the same answer...

I'm sure you'll want to regear, but with a V6, it should be OK until you can save up some cash.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
one thing to consider.........with both 33x10.50x15's and 255/85/16 there are very few options and no one keeps them in stock incase you have an emergency where as 285's have tons of options and most any tire shop out there has a set in stock

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
255's if yer staying stock rim width... IMO

Keep in mind this is the tallest of the three @ 33.3"

It is also the least likely to rub the frame (much) on stock 4 1/2" BS'd wheel

Oh and 285's are the most costly of this bunch... I know... I have them ;) ...

·
Registered
123 Posts
the 33x10.5 is for a 15" rim so if you want to keep stock wheels this option is out.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
If you are going more towards wheeling go 33x10.50.. it has a larger sidewall and softer load rating, so it will be more flexible than a 255, which has a smaller sidewall and a higher load rating, so it will be better biased towards the fwy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts