TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone here have a PICTURE with 33x12.5x15 and 33x10.5x15?
trying to deside which one to get...after i add 1" bl...
i was thinking about 32x12.5x15...but really want 33"

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
go to the new england chapter site lots of pic there under the tire database.
www.ttora-ne.com

someone refered me to there but i forgot who?
thanx to it helped alot
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,295 Posts
33x12.5's would definately look better...but you might have rubbing issues
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
Boggers come in 33x10.50....they measure up right at an 11.3" wide...33.0"tall.If u wanted to go that route. Im sure BFG 33x10.50 is much narrower then a 33x10.50 bogger?

I want the 33x12.50 bogger but i serously doubt they will fit with only 3 inches of lift. So im thinkin of going with the 10.50's.....but i wouldent go with the 10.50's from BFG. IMO

P
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,071 Posts
04RedLobster said:
anyone here have a PICTURE with 33x12.5x15 and 33x10.5x15?
trying to deside which one to get...after i add 1" bl...
i was thinking about 32x12.5x15...but really want 33"

Thanks
My Webshots album has pics with the 33x10.50..Just copy and paste the address listed below in my sig..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
485 Posts
I think 33 10.5's look bad ass. They give your rig a skinnier Uni-mog look and don't drop your MPG like a 33 12.5 does
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
257 Posts
:xrocker: I agree about the skinnier look, it looks more agile or something but they wide ones look heavier,, whatever. When I put my 33's on my mpg dropped by like 3 :eek: but it might be the winter gas I think were having... not sure yet.
 

·
Going John Galt
Joined
·
31,845 Posts
04RedLobster said:
anyone here have a PICTURE with 33x12.5x15 and 33x10.5x15?
trying to deside which one to get...after i add 1" bl...
i was thinking about 32x12.5x15...but really want 33"

Thanks
I like my 10.50s...great traction, nice ride, quiet. don't need much lift to clear them, tires are cheaper and easier to balance, will fit on OE 7s.

Swamper's 10.50s run quite a bit taller than BFGs so you'll need pretty close to 4" and will still rub. I tried on on with only 2" of lift and couldn't turn the wheel ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
04RedLobster said:
anyone here have a PICTURE with 33x12.5x15 and 33x10.5x15?
trying to deside which one to get...after i add 1" bl...
i was thinking about 32x12.5x15...but really want 33"

Thanks
I ran the skinny 33x10.5 tires. They run great, especially in the snow. I went with them so they would fit on my stock alloy wheels. I was too cheap to spring for new 8" wide wheels.

The 33x12.5 look better IMHO, but you should only use them with an 8" wheel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
hytenor said:
I like my 10.50s...great traction, nice ride, quiet. don't need much lift to clear them, tires are cheaper and easier to balance, will fit on OE 7s.

Swamper's 10.50s run quite a bit taller than BFGs so you'll need pretty close to 4" and will still rub. I tried on on with only 2" of lift and couldn't turn the wheel ;)


So hytenor....... do u think 33x10.50 boggers would look funny on 8 inch rims and about 3.5 inches?.. i got 33x12.50 trxus M/T now and dont want anything to skinny.
 

·
Going John Galt
Joined
·
31,845 Posts
pportera said:
So hytenor....... do u think 33x10.50 boggers would look funny on 8 inch rims and about 3.5 inches?.. i got 33x12.50 trxus M/T now and dont want anything to skinny.
with their small tread width they looked weird on my truck. 3.5" might be enough but they will definitely still rub the frame on turns w/o less backspacing than stock 4.5". The less bs you go to the more lift you need since the tires will now be closer to the fender edges and not tuch in as well when stuffed. the only absolute way to tell is to remove your coil/shock assembly, mount the tires and then cycle the suspension up and down, with wheels turned full lock right and left.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
What wheels are you gonna use/or what do you have?

I have a set of the 2001 TRD 16's and i am runnin' 285/75r16(33x11.50) if you have those 16's the 285s are great. O yeah i have a 3" Revtek, the 10.50 are a little to narrow i wanted a wider foot print.
 

·
Going John Galt
Joined
·
31,845 Posts
T4mudn said:
What wheels are you gonna use/or what do you have?

I have a set of the 2001 TRD 16's and i am runnin' 285/75r16(33x11.50) if you have those 16's the 285s are great. O yeah i have a 3" Revtek, the 10.50 are a little to narrow i wanted a wider foot print.
yea, the 285/75s are nice...too bad noone makes them for 15" wheels.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
182 Posts
Not to hijack this thread, but under what terrain conditions will a BFG M/T that is 32x11.5 outperform a BFG M/T that is 33x10.5? And to ask a real noob question, can you even put 33x10.5 on a 15x8 steelie without risking breaking a bead when you air down???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
Hytenor, how much lift do u have? IM not worried about rubbing becouse i got 15x8 with 3.65 b/s and the 33's im running now are wider then the boggers. I just cant picture a 33x10.50 bogger?? The bogger measures up to 33 " so do the trxus that im running now. But the trxus have a c.s of 12.7 the bogger only have c.s 11.3

Im trying not to go with the tractor tire look, LOL
 

·
Going John Galt
Joined
·
31,845 Posts
BigBro said:
Not to hijack this thread, but under what terrain conditions will a BFG M/T that is 32x11.5 outperform a BFG M/T that is 33x10.5? And to ask a real noob question, can you even put 33x10.5 on a 15x8 steelie without risking breaking a bead when you air down???
not really; that's not enough of a difference. The only conditions where you'll get better traction with the wider tires is in deep snow and sand.

that said, I have had no problems keeping up with those with wider tires in either of these conditions.

the 10.50s work fine on 8s. I would have thought that running my stock 7s would help keep the bead seated but this has not been the case when aired down...I lose beads just as easily as anyone. I think there are just better rims out there that help keep the tire in place.
 

·
Going John Galt
Joined
·
31,845 Posts
pportera said:
Hytenor, how much lift do u have? IM not worried about rubbing becouse i got 15x8 with 3.65 b/s and the 33's im running now are wider then the boggers. I just cant picture a 33x10.50 bogger?? The bogger measures up to 33 " so do the trxus that im running now. But the trxus have a c.s of 12.7 the bogger only have c.s 11.3

Im trying not to go with the tractor tire look, LOL
I have about 2.5" cranked into the SAWs and about 4.5" in the rear.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top