TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Should be. Staying narrow helps A LOT.

Unfortunately, the only tire in that size is the LTB ... have you run bias ply tires before and know what you're getting into? We're all VERY spoiled by radials now-a-days...

They are loud. They don't balance for shit. They wear fast. They flatspot overnight. They're HEAVY. They kill your gas mileage.

GREAT offroad though ... not great enough to overcome their deficiencies on-road for the way most of us use our trucks ... but GREAT offroad.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
are they really that much better off road? I never knew that or why. If so i might get some since i change them out anytime before/after i go wheelin with street tires. I never realized there was much of a difference. thanks for the info!

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
are they really that much better off road? I never knew that or why. If so i might get some since i change them out anytime before/after i go wheelin with street tires. I never realized there was much of a difference. thanks for the info!
how is changing out working for you?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have never run them, but I am aware of the side effects. besides, I kind if like the loudness, it makes me feel manly!

thanks for the advise

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
anyone know how many miles I can excpect to get from them? A lot of it will be highway, but I take the truck in the dirt about once to twice a week. Never any rocks though.

thanks

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Should be. Staying narrow helps A LOT.

Unfortunately, the only tire in that size is the LTB ... have you run bias ply tires before and know what you're getting into? We're all VERY spoiled by radials now-a-days...

They are loud. They don't balance for shit. They wear fast. They flatspot overnight. They're HEAVY. They kill your gas mileage.

GREAT offroad though ... not great enough to overcome their deficiencies on-road for the way most of us use our trucks ... but GREAT offroad.
well actually since swampers run big, their 34 is more like a 35 and their 33 is almost a 34. so running a 33 in a tsl radial would probably be a better idea than running a 34 ltb.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so you dont think the 34" LTB's will fit?

I also just noticed that Nitto Terra Grapplers come in 34 "295/75/16" anyone with experiece running these?

·
Registered
427 Posts
LTB= serious off road tire

nitto terra= street/all terrain

these are 2 completely different tires but from what you have said the nitto suites you more cause you sound not to be a serious offroad more of a mild weekend wheeler and the ltb will shake the shit out of your truck if you travel lots of high way

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
I think it's more accurate to say the Interco tires (esp the bias ply versions) run true to size, others typically run small. My 34" TSL's were truly 34" - they were exactly the same height as a 35" MTR. I have heard several reports that the LTB's run small, but regardless, they will fit with that much lift.

If you're not in the mud regularly, the LTB's won't be worth it considering how you describe using your truck.

·
Registered
352 Posts
The 34x10.50 LTB Super Swamper is actually 33.6" tall according to Interco's website...

If you lift the truck 3 inches and pound the pinch weld in the front wheel well down, you will clear the tires at full compression. You will still rub a little on the frame at full lock when turning... but it is not enough to really feel or do any damage. I plan to adventually run these same tires, but ONLY when I am off road. You DO NOT want to run these as your daily driver tires. If you want a tire of the same size but more high way and street friendly, look into BFG A/T's or even BFG M/T's in the 255/85R16 size... this is actually a 33.3x10R15 tire... almost the same size as the 34x10.50 LTB's.

The LTB's will only last maybe 15,000 miles on the road from what I have heard... maybe 20,000 if you are lucky. The BFG A/T's will last 60,000 miles if you take care of them and rotate them regularly and BFG M/T's will probably get about 45,000 miles if you do the same. The ride with the BFG's will be a LOT nicer then the LTB's.

Maxxis Big Horn and Interco Trxus also make tires that are a lot more road friendly in the size 255/85R16. Look into any of those... you will be a lot happier.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
I've ran the 34x10.50 LTB's a couple of sets of them. A few of our memebers run them here in the houston area also (some fulltime some offroad only)
Good things
CHEAP
aggrresive tread was awesome for offroading
soft tire good grip

Bad Things
bias ply will not balance
on road treadwear is about 10K
pizza cutter tires look like shit for everyday driving
cold weather (houston's cold weather is in the 50's - 60's) when you go to work in the morning you can feel the flat spots for about 10 - 15 miles
shakes the whole danm truck

Most of us that have/had them stated using them as Offroad only and they do great.

i would find someone local that has a set and try them. I wouldn't ever think about using them as a DD or street truck

I've ran the Maxxis Big Horn i that was the last tire i was running before i went to the 35 MT's i campare the Maxxis close to a wrangler mt/r. I like them alot but put a bigger lift on so had to go with a bigger tire

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
how is changing out working for you?
Not a problem at all, I've gotten to where i can change all four of them by myself in just about a half an hour... granted these are only 31's... when i go bigger I'm sure it'll slow down a bit.

I kind if like the loudness, it makes me feel manly!
Yeaaa, I like the loud tires/rough ride... It is a truck after all...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts